X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good for your health...

...Bad for your employment status.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ur-health.html

all depends on how the feedback is delivered.

when i was in the navy we had periodic feedback forms we had to fill out - all of it anonymous. in fact if the command had less than 50 people it had to be sent off to be reviewed, so you wouldn't be able to guess which sailor said what and punish them over it. At one point I was in a command that was about 25 people maximum, so just looking at rank, race & gender on the forms they would have *easily* figured out who was who.

However even then, there sometimes can be repercussions. Back when I was in one of my schools, they had us do one of those feedback things... and then they pulled one of the females aside and asked her to re-write her statement. (You're allowed to do free-form statements as well as answering multiple choice questions) As they told her... "If you submit this as it, you will probably go to mast." (Non judiciary punishment)

but the feedback idea isn't bad
    as long as it's handled properly
    and the employees are protected from managers who want to "prove a point" by giving them retribution for the feedback

Comment

Wow.

I think I'll impliment something like that when I open my hotel. I'm usually pretty easy to work with but if there's some way to be more efficent, productive, whatever, I'm all ears!
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
      X