This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 350 jobs gone

Bernie's a independent, family owned Connecticut based electronics retailer with 15 stores will be gone soon leaving 350 employees without a job after 60+ years.

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-b...,3327490.story

Things are pretty sad if you know where to look.

Route 1 (Federal Highway) north of Fort Lauderdale (into Pompano and north) used to be bustling with businesses, mostly small business with some company stores (cell phones, Radio Shack etc.) to support them. Now, it's vacant building after vacant building.

Did Burnie's go into other states? I swear I remember seeing them in Mass when I was living up there.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post

Route 1 (Federal Highway) north of Fort Lauderdale (into Pompano and north) used to be bustling with businesses, mostly small business with some company stores (cell phones, Radio Shack etc.) to support them. Now, it's vacant building after vacant building.

Did Burnie's go into other states? I swear I remember seeing them in Mass when I was living up there.
      Just went to an Albertsons by my house that's shutting down too. It's sad that so many business are going down because of the economy.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
        Just went to an Albertsons by my house that's shutting down too. It's sad that so many business are going down because of the economy.
        Most of those in my neck of the woods are already gone. My company did a huge layoff in December, too. My department has gone from well over 2000 plus contractors to under 300. That's about 6 technicians per state.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post

They had stores in Ct, Mass and one in RI with their corp. Hq, flagship store and DC in Enfield.

From what I could tell from my trips their, most of their sales staff were full time.

Comment

Working...
          X