X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic 911 FAIL!

http://www.courierpress.com/news/201...ested-threats/

-----Threatening to basically blow up everything and everyone in the whole damn city like fifty time. BAC .43. I've heard of people dying of alcohol poisoning with that high of a level!

and an Amish family that had their son Life-flighted in for trauma treatment
    An Amish family let their kid ride in a helicopter to a hospital to get treated with modern medical equipment and medicine? Sorry but that part just seemed so random and odd in that story.

Comment

From what I've heard there's some Amish that will actually rely on some modern technology.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
        From what I've heard there's some Amish that will actually rely on some modern technology.
        Yeah I know, I just found it funny that the story was like "Oh and their were some Amish people there too".

Comment

There are those ones but they still live pretty much like the old Amish ways. Doctor visits, if there is no Amish doctor, can be done in the city. I remember one Amish family that after every complete harvest would come into town to eat at a buffet place. As a reward for hard work well done.

Comment

Amish people shop at Wal-Mart all the time here, and no, they don't bring the buggy. They get rides from people.

They eat at restaurants, shop at malls, do whatever......there aren't really any Amish people in the bigger city here, but they get rides from the piddly podunk towns to do big shopping or a day out or a nice supper.

And yes, they do take rides in ambulances and helicopters. I don't think a buggy can get there in time.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I am curious why the journalist felt the need to say the guy was Amish and to disclose why he was there. He didn't single anyone else out. It was hardly pertinent to the story. He could have said "including other patients and their families."

Maybe he had an axe to gring with the Amish and thought maybe it was wrong that they relied on technology in that way, but that is not pertinent to the story. Not to mention the guy might not even have been Amish, he might have been a Menonite, which is not the same thing.

Pointless to the story.

Comment

Anyone else remember that reality show Amish in the city? I liked it.
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                  I am curious why the journalist felt the need to say the guy was Amish and to disclose why he was there. He didn't single anyone else out. It was hardly pertinent to the story. He could have said "including other patients and their families."

Maybe he had an axe to gring with the Amish and thought maybe it was wrong that they relied on technology in that way, but that is not pertinent to the story. Not to mention the guy might not even have been Amish, he might have been a Menonite, which is not the same thing.

Pointless to the story.
                  That's kinda why I brought it up. It's so random and yet so pointless.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    Amish people shop at Wal-Mart all the time here, and no, they don't bring the buggy. They get rides from people.
                    A-yup. I see them at the swamp from time to time. I even helped load something up for them. They hire somebody to drive them into town.

As customers go, they're about as non-sucky as you can get, or at least that was my experience.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                      BAC .43. I've heard of people dying of alcohol poisoning with that high of a level!
                      I used to work with an ex-officer of a town I used to live in, (Highlands, NJ - small coastal town). They had a call once where a man left the Bootlegger (yes, the actual bar where the "Holy Bartender" joke was said in Dogma) but never arrived home.

He passed out in a snowbank.

Normally this could kill you especially in the dead of winter but since his BAC was extremely high (higher than .43) it thinned his blood enough to keep him alive - the cold also kept the alcohol level from killing him.
                      Quote Dalesys:
                      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                        An Amish family let their kid ride in a helicopter to a hospital to get treated with modern medical equipment and medicine? Sorry but that part just seemed so random and odd in that story.
                        The Amish are not opposed to technology that is actually beneficial. In this case, the medevac helicopter and modern medicine meant the difference between life and death. What they DO NOT like are things like video game consoles, sports cars and other things that are either trivial or (to them) symbols of vanity.
                        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

i guess i'm the only one with enough bad taste to say it...

I guess the Nail got hammered?

Comment

Nail is being held at the Vanderburgh County Jail on a $750 cash only bond.
                            I would have thought it would be a little more than $750 cash for threatening to blow up city buildings, private property and shoot people.

Comment

Working...
                            X