This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why I'm never having kids

My coworker has a 7 year old daughter. She's a fairly cute kid, as kids go.

However.

For the past week she's been in the office, because there's a two week gap between her child care and the start of school.

I. Am. Going. Crazy.

Every 10 seconds, it's "mommy" this, and "mommy" that, and whining and attention-grabbing and I AM FRAKKIN' TRYING TO WORK!

I just do not have the patience that kids require. I will be SO glad when her school starts up.
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

I understand. I think kids are great, but itls too big a commitment.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Ditto.

If you're not enthusiastic about children at every stage of development, and not desperately wanting to raise children from babyhood to late teen/young adult...

don't have kids.

Please. For their sake.

I don't.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I agree. In my line of work I run into far too many people who should NOT be raising children. They're not suited to the job at all.

I know full well I am not capable of catering to the endless needs and demands of a child, especially a baby, who cannot fend for itself. Therefore, there's NO way I'm getting myself into that commitment. It's a win-win situation for all concerned.

Comment

Parenting-my take

Speaking just for me...I'm in no great hurry to settle down and start a family. I'm perfectly content to be "Uncle Lobo" where needed. The closest thing to a child I have is my cat, and she's enough.
          Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Working...
          X