Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• because of course no vampires ever existed before the Twilight ones....
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• http://notalwaysright.com/the-other-other-woman/18673

oops

Comment

• http://notalwaysright.com/ba-dum-dum-chhh-part-3/18894

The priest mistakes the bar for a piece of the True Cross and starts trying to carve it up.

The policeman draws his gun and starts to charge the bar with Assaulting a Police Officer.

The lawyer whips out a subpoena and sues the bar for damages.
        Last edited by fireheart; 04-17-2012, 12:58 PM.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• http://notalwaysright.com/i-have-a-g...=Google+Reader

The person behind the counter is awesome.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• Hot Tub Size Machine

Hot Tub Size Machine

I have got to find out where the hot tub that makes people smaller is located.
            I see it's somewhere in Orlando,Florida.
            I wonder if it's near the Fountain of Youth?
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• How we all wish we could deal with Sucky Customers. Pwnade on a sIlver platter.

http://notalwaysright.com/thickheade...s-part-2/21041
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• An elderly gent shows how puns are dun...

http://notalwaysright.com/so-much-pun/21110
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• And this, chirrens, is the *definition* of an EW.

This made me think of some of you... so sorry...

http://notalwaysright.com/not-always-rights/21441

Me: “Good morning, I am the manager on duty. I heard that you wanted to speak with me?”

Customer: “Yes! There were long lines for the elevators this morning, and it caused me to miss breakfast with the rest of my group!”

Me: “I’m so sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, today we have about 600 people checking out, and if they all attempt to leave at the same time that could cause some waits for the elevators.”

Customer: “Well, what are you going to do for me?”

Me: “Ma’am, we really cannot control when our guests decide to come and go. The hotel did not cause your misfortune, so I really cannot compensate you.”

Customer: “What do you mean you can’t control when they come and go? You booked all of these people up! You knew they would be leaving on the same day! Why did you let them all leave on the same day?”

Me: “Ma’am, as I explained, we have no way of telling our guests when they are allowed to leave. I’m sorry you missed your breakfast, but the best that I can do is offer you my apologies.”

Customer: “You have to give me something! I read online that if you complain about anything at a hotel, they have to give you something! IT’S THE LAW!”

Comment

• So if I read it online, it is automatically true??? What if I read that this Nigerian Prince is giving away free money? Does that mean its true too??? Cool, I have many emails, lets give it a whirl!
                    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

• ... I just thought it was funny. That seems like a weird comment to make online...

Comment

• Plus, I've had waaaay too many people say things like that ("it's the LAW!") to think it was necessarily made up... ;-)

Comment

• Everybody is a lawyer, knows the law, and the law is always on their side.... Wonder if the EW ever heard the one that says "A business has the right to refuse service to anyone."?
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth Sandiercy View Post
                            So if I read it online, it is automatically true??? What if I read that this Nigerian Prince is giving away free money? Does that mean its true too??? Cool, I have many emails, lets give it a whirl!
                            "OH MY GOSH! I'VE BEEN MISSING OUT ON FREE I-PHONES FOR YEARS!

I'M THE 1,000,000,000,001TH VISITOR TO THE SITE! GIMMIE MY FREE CAR!

INCREASE YOUR SIZE IN 6 WEEKS?"

Yeah, these ads exist for a reason...

Comment

• Quoth Blade View Post
                              Me: “Ma’am, we really cannot control when our guests decide to come and go. The hotel did not cause your misfortune, so I really cannot compensate you.”

Customer: “What do you mean you can’t control when they come and go? You booked all of these people up! You knew they would be leaving on the same day! Why did you let them all leave on the same day?”

Me: “Ma’am, as I explained, we have no way of telling our guests when they are allowed to leave. I’m sorry you missed your breakfast, but the best that I can do is offer you my apologies.”

Customer: “You have to give me something! I read online that if you complain about anything at a hotel, they have to give you something! IT’S THE LAW!”
                              If it's OK (from his viewpoint) for the hotel to stop the large number of guests who want to leave NOW from using the elevator at the same time in order for him to be able to get to breakfast (never mind that it might make them miss their tour bus), then it should be OK to detain him temporarily for the convenience of another guest.

As for the "law" requiring hotels to give complainers something, just give him his "invitation to the world" (TM Spider Robinson, in "Callahan's Lady") and be done with it.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• What planet is this idiot on?!
                                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                                X