This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field Training

Here are some memorable stories from my 'vacation' at Maxwell AFB. Mods, please move if there's a more appropriate place for these.

COC

Our Commandant of Cadets was a bald-headed stern-faced man with a thick southern drawl for added affect. Here are some of his -isms. The first story comes from when we were being briefed on our 'deployment.'

COC: Any questions.
    Cadet1: Sir, how fast will mail be there?
    COC: Slow. Next question. [points] you, what?
    Cadet2: Sir, uh-um...
    COC: Sit down, next. [points] What?
    Cadet3: Sir, what do you know about the [fictitious enemy]?
    COC: I don't know, never met 'em.

Second story comes from a very bad day if you were Group Staff.

COC: Today, I fired your Group Commander and his Vice Group Commander. I also fired your Academics Officer; because they weren't doin' their jobs. So, who wants to be my new Academics Officer? [a few raise their hands] Everyone's hands should be up, 'cause everyone here wants to be a leader. You! [points] You're my new Academics Officer. And if you mess up, I'll fire you too.

Third story was with a member from my flight [let's call him Zee]. It was 2030 and we'd just finished the Air Force Song, and he was messing around outside the tent before we went inside. Now, the 'codename' for our COC was 'Strike Eagle' and I see him coming.

me: [whispered] Strike Eagle, Strike Eagle!
    fellow cadets: Shhh! Shhh!
    Zee: [finally notices and tries to get to attention]
    COC: Cadet, what are you doin'? Naw, I already caught you! You're friends seemed to notice and tried to warn ya, but you just kept on. What were you doin'? Poppin zits on his face? What's your name? Zee? I got my eyes on you, Zee. [begins to walk away] You're on my radar now.

As I remember, I'll post more.

Air Force all the way, huuuuuuuuuuuuuuua!!!
Working...
X