This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Team build" coming up.

Every year, each department in the store gets a team build. Basically the company brings in staff from other stores to cover that dept for the day, and the dept goes out and does... something.

I've been to 3 of them so far.

When I worked in the deli, the deli manager got tickets to a soccer game for the entire department, got a keg of cheap beer, and after the soccer game we all went back to his house and proceeded to get completely obliterated.

When I worked in grocery, we got tickets to a hockey game (nosebleed seats, literally the back wall, but it was still fun), and management bought us tons of beer at the game. We also went back to the grocery manager's house and had a cookout.

I went to last year's front end team build. We rented about half of a bowling alley and... went bowling. And had really shitty bowling alley food. And the then-front end manager got pretty shitfaced on $6 bowling alley beers. So did a few other people. I really do like bowling, and Main Event has a good sized arcade as well.

From what I've heard, for this year's front end team build we're renting out some kind of venue that has a full bar and a pool. Several people in the department play various instruments, so they've all been practicing together (we've also drafted a guy from the bakery that plays drums) in the cooking classroom during off peak hours. (yes, my store has a cooking classroom. no, it hasn't been used in several years for anything except meetings, and front end employees usually use the fridge in there to store beer that they purchased before getting off work)

So... I'm sure I'll have some stories afterwards. I do plan to take the day after off, and I plan to ride with someone who won't be drinking (the venue is a good 35-40 minutes away). I'll also have both my cell phone camera and my nice for 2003 digital camera with me, though I doubt I'll be able to post any pictures on here (a couple of CS'ers have my facebook account though, they'll be able to see pics there).

It's in a week and a half.
Working...
X