This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, THAT explains it

Customers are my new place of employment have 'points cards' that can be used either here or at another business (they are, in fact, more useful at the other business). They also have a credit card put out by "my" business that allows them to collect points.

A customer was pressing his credit card to the machine to signal it to add points as needed with his purchase, but wasn't getting the little 'chirp' that indicated the card was accepted. In fact, there was a message on my monitor saying "Account denied" or something similar.

Me: "I'm sorry, sir, I don't know what's going on."

I page for help.

Somebody comes over and I explain the situation.

They look at the credit card on the machine.

Coworker: "That's because it's a credit card for [Totally Unrelated Store]."

Ooops ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

BTDT...though with a gas card for a different filling station chain.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I have, at different times, tried to use my Macy's card at Target and tried to use my Target card at Macy's. They were both red and sparkly.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I had a couple of kids with their mom come through my line the other day buying stuff to hold a fundraiser for the local Humane Society.

Now, we at present are fundraising for the local YMCA. I have a little sticker posted where I can see it (as I face the customer) that says so.

But for some reason, for the ENTIRE day, I kept nearly saying "Would you like to support the Humane Society?" instead of the YMCA ...

Nearly saying, that is, until I actually DID say it ...

Me: "Dang, I knew I was going to do that sooner or later!!" (I explained why it had happened.)

Customer:
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I guess they both favor "no kill".
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My HSA card won't buy groceries. Now "HSA" is written in big letters with a Sharpie across it.

Comment

Went to Costco one day, instead of getting out my Costco card to show the front door person, I showed them the access card I use to unlock the doors at work. (doh)
              Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

I've tried to use my debit card to check out library books, and once tried to use my library card (at a store near the library) to pay for a purchase.

I've also tried to use my car's remote to open my front door, or the gate remote to open my car.
                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                X