Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're serving tea and alcohol, I'll have a tumbler of the Long Island variety, please.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
      I would have just stopped, put up my hands, and said, "That's it. I'm done," and walked away. It would either be that or I smack her.
      Same here. These idiots who insist that "it's a hoax" or "only certain races can get it" are the very reason this crap keeps spreading and spreading!

I lost my uncle to COVID-19 last month, and my family is as Northern-European Caucasian as they come. Any jerk scoffs about COVID-19 to me, I will verbally rip them a new one.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        ... I will ... rip them a new one.
        Asking for a friend: But where? Since they already have one spewing at each end.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
          Also, I’m totally stealing some of your quotes to add to my list of quotes. Just fyi
          With my blessing. ^_^ I'm apparently known for the "psychic" one on TFR (on Reddit)

...And if it's quotes you want, well...I have a sig quote list I've been maintaining since, oh, the mid 90's or so. It's around 15 pages at 12 point, single-spaced type. I'll be glad to send you a PM with its contents if you like. Just say the word. Ditto anyone else brave enough to take a peek into my dusty ol' mindscape. A hundred+ pages of random recipes I'll probably never make, too, as well as what appears to be) as much of Gravekeeper's stuff as I could dig up.

I used to be on a...let's just say "more permissive"...and way, way more bizarre... board than this one, where we were gleefully encouraged to have pure-text sigs that were taller than the screens we were reading them on. Said board has long since gone the way of the dodo, I'm afraid.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            ...And if it's quotes you want, well...I have a sig quote list I've been maintaining since, oh, the mid 90's or so. It's around 15 pages at 12 point, single-spaced type. I'll be glad to send you a PM with its contents if you like. Just say the word. Ditto anyone else brave enough to take a peek into my dusty ol' mindscape. A hundred+ pages of random recipes I'll probably never make, too, as well as what appears to be) as much of Gravekeeper's stuff as I could dig up.
            Ooooo definitely. Mine is only about 5 pages but I’ve only had it for a few years. Unless you count my “I am not allowed to... book” that’s considerably longer
            Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              Asking for a friend: But where? Since they already have one spewing at each end.
              There's still plenty of room in the middle.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
                The box is cleaned every day, but goes into a special container, and that is only emptied once a week.

Unless you have a lot of cats...we fostered a diabetic cat for a few months, and that was a very different experience.
                I have a diabetic cat. She pees like a fountain.

Comment

Quoth Sparklyturtle View Post
                  We used to have a diabetic Black Lab. The last year of her life she couldn't hold it through the night, so we just put old sheets out over the carpet so that we could see where she'd wee'd (few things worse than finding that, or the runs, with your bare feet first thing in the morning) and bought a carpet cleaner to clean those patches of carpet.

Thankfully she was smart and went on the sheets without guilt; better than her moping around all morning because she'd had an accident on the carpet.
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                    We used to have a diabetic Black Lab. The last year of her life she couldn't hold it through the night, so we just put old sheets out over the carpet so that we could see where she'd wee'd (few things worse than finding that, or the runs, with your bare feet first thing in the morning) and bought a carpet cleaner to clean those patches of carpet.

Thankfully she was smart and went on the sheets without guilt; better than her moping around all morning because she'd had an accident on the carpet.
                    Near the end of my last dog life (a year ago she had a LARGE cancerous mass in her belly that caused her to pass nothing but liquid. I found that large disposeable training pads were excellent catchers. I spread out like 7-9 of them and she managed to go on the pads most of the time. BUT for some reason she like my small bathroom

I still have a lot of cleaning supplies left over.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
                      Easiest way to spot the American/Canadian tourist? Go to a store and see who stands there expecting everyone to bow and scrape to their every demand, the one staring into space as the cashier rings things through.)
                      Before I had shopped at certain stores I actually didn't think it was about "bowing and scraping" I actually thought it was some sort of rule that they had to pack my groceries that until they packed them up handed them to me and I'd paid they weren't mine.

I saw it less as "ha they have to serve me" and more as a "Oh they think I'm a thief who's going to run off with everything if they don't take it from me and make me pay."

Comment

Quoth jackfaire View Post
                        Before I had shopped at certain stores I actually didn't think it was about "bowing and scraping" I actually thought it was some sort of rule that they had to pack my groceries that until they packed them up handed them to me and I'd paid they weren't mine.

I saw it less as "ha they have to serve me" and more as a "Oh they think I'm a thief who's going to run off with everything if they don't take it from me and make me pay."
                        Yes because you’re a decent human being which is a rare find.
                        Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

My last cat had chronic kidney disease for a few years. She could fill up the litter box with her output. It finally got too bad and she had to be helped over the Rainbow Bridge on the day after Memorial Day(May 27). I mourned her for weeks.

Then she sent a new furry owner my way, a nice little TNR boy from outside, and I contantly find myself shocked with how little he pees. I have to keep reminding myself that he does not have kidney failure.

Comment

Working...
                          X