This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have never seen this happen before.

Last Friday, I'm working through the truck, and I see this guy in a white tank-top near the first register at the entrance of the store. Okay. He exists. Thank you, eyes, I acknowledge his presence, and move on with my daily tasks.

Fifteen minutes, he's still there. He's actually reading the store calendar, likely for fun.

Then this guy rides up on his bike outside the store, with a plastic bag with a paper bag in it. I can't believe what happened next, but the guy in the white tank-top had ordered Chinese Food to the store. He pays for it, puts it in the wagon I had just noticed, and starts walking around with it while eating. It looked like chicken; kinda chicken. Chickenish in nature. May have contained chicken. Sweet saucy Scootaloo.

So... lunch and shopping. Cool!

He actually ended up buying six hundred dollars of stuff. I mean that's not hard to do at a Hardware Store, power tools and all, but still. I don't even think he left any garbage to him. Props!
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

No garbage? Are you certain he was a customer?

Rapscallion

Comment

I did think it kind of strange that when he pulled out of the parking lot when he was done, he went up rather than backwards or forwards. I guess now we know how much aliens love chinese food.

(Fun fact: An extraterrestrial would never eat most of what we consider food.)
      SC: "Are you new or something?"
      Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
        (Fun fact: An extraterrestrial would never eat most of what we consider food.)
        ...Proof positive that they are intelligent beings >_>
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X