This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Ass Is Probably Gonna Get Whooped

Freaking day shifts, I forgot about the damn fuzzies lurking around and randomly doing their audits and checks.

The auditor saw my bag of candy by my work area today and I just KNOW we're going to get a lower score because of it (not only that but the fact that I don't hide my gum either), and I'm sure we'll probably get a talking to and restrictions on gum and candy because of me.

As if my coworkers needed another fucking reason to pick on me all the time.

It had to be me. Just had to be.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

I was totally that person with the gum once. Oops.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

What's the big deal about the candy and gum anyways? You're all adults there. It's not like you're going to stick your chewed gum on one of the gears or something.
      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

^ My coworkers would.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Teysa View Post
          What's the big deal about the candy and gum anyways?
          They walk funny when they're trying to chew.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The big deal, pardon my lack of explanation, is that we've been warned before by our HSE people that it's a no no, but bosses have used discretion in letting us have it. Hell, even my manager (boss's boss) hands out hard candies to "encourage" us to work faster, LOL.

It's just the fact that we're supposed to know better than to have it out during an audit, even a sneak attack, you see one of the fluffs walking around, hide it, hide it now. And I didn't.

And I just know when it gets brought up, because people saw it was me, it'll be brought up, for weeks. And weeks, and weeks.

I don't even really care that I got caught doing something wrong. You wanna nail me for an M&M, whatever. But it's just the fact that I'll be ridiculed by my peers over something like that when it's not like I'm the first person who got caught doing something that they weren't supposed to.

My response any time someone tells me I can't have gum, is that, if I have to be here for 12 hours without a toothbrush, I'm gonna chew gum, or I can come right up in your face to chat with you after a sourdough sandwich and three cigarettes.

Comment

Make sure there's some sauerkraut, horseradish mustard and Montreal smoked meat on that bread. Creates some *amazing* personal space, let me tell you.
              What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                My response any time someone tells me I can't have gum, is that, if I have to be here for 12 hours without a toothbrush, I'm gonna chew gum, or I can come right up in your face to chat with you after a sourdough sandwich and three cigarettes.
                I immediately thought of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rJwGns44WY

Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post
                  I immediately thought of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rJwGns44WY

Not only for the marketing, but also for the 70's hair! I do NOT miss those days! Oh wait .... I'm showing my age. Get off my lawn, dangnabit!

Comment

I no longer feel so bad. Someone got caught hoarding soda in a drawer. Some people just can't wait for break time.

Comment

Working...
                    X