This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, Daylight Savings Time

At my hotel this past Saturday, no one put up signs about Daylight Savings Time ending, and the need to set clocks an hour back. I didn't come in until midnight, so my alerting the management if the need was a little late.

Anyway, I had a couple of customers that didn't realize the shift had occurred.

#1. Called down at around 5AM to ask what time it was, and declared the clock in the room wrong. I explained that they do not automatically reset for DST.

#2. Called down at about 7:55AM asking what time breakfast ran 'til. I informed her that breakfast ended at 9AM, she gave a miffed sound, and before I could clarify further had already hung up. I called her back to let her know that 9AM was an hour from then, as well as why the Alarm Clock was incorrect, and she was a lot happier about it.

I should also note that every other day of the year I seem to have to tell people who wander down to the Breakfast Area at 5-5:30AM that nothing is prepared, yet. That particular Sun. Morning, everyone came down on time.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
    #1. Called down at around 5AM to ask what time it was, and declared the clock in the room wrong. I explained that they do not automatically reset for DST.
    Don't you know that 'da computers' control the in-room clocks? Just like there's no way those key cards ever demagnetize, it's 'da computers', man!

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
    #2. Called down at about 7:55AM asking what time breakfast ran 'til. I informed her that breakfast ended at 9AM, she gave a miffed sound, and before I could clarify further had already hung up. I called her back to let her know that 9AM was an hour from then, as well as why the Alarm Clock was incorrect, and she was a lot happier about it.

I should also note that every other day of the year I seem to have to tell people who wander down to the Breakfast Area at 5-5:30AM that nothing is prepared, yet. That particular Sun. Morning, everyone came down on time.
    One thing fun about DST I always loved is watching the people wander into the church Sunday morning at the end of mass, seeing the horribly confused looks on their faces as they realize the priest is wrapping things up, and then the look as the wave of sudden understanding passes over them, and then the blushing and sheepishly backing out...
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
    X