This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible strike. Not sure.

Just recently I discovered there might be a possible strike by tomorrow. It's not our store per se bit it's a store our union covers. We have supported them
    In the past so I don't know if we are going to walk with them again. I don't think it will happen, but just to be safe I am prepared. I keep checking back off and on throughout the day and will probrably check again tomorrow morning as to find out if we have to support them or not. They have until midnight tonight. No more extensions. If a solution is not found then they walk.
    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

That's the same situation I'm in. Turns out we are now on strike :/ Perhaps you work for the same company I work for? The big, red R?
    DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin’ round here!
    Nicholas Angel: Like who?
    DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
    Nicholas Angel: Who else?
    DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers’ mums.

Comment

Nah. Different company. But if it's the one I'm thinking of our union covers your store

Comment

A certain Arkansas retail chain is dealing with a possible workers strike as well.
        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Corporate needs to quit taking shit away. If they're gonna do that why not start with themselves first?!?

Comment

Because that would be logical and they'll never allow logic in the corporate sub-culture.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

True. Once we GOT YELLED AT for talking about the crappy contract our company was dishing out to us a few years back. We were talking amongst ourselves when our old asm overheard at and got pissed.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's the same for you, Kitten, but our strike just ended! Woohoo!
                DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin’ round here!
                Nicholas Angel: Like who?
                DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
                Nicholas Angel: Who else?
                DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers’ mums.

Comment

Congrats. Luckily we might not go on strike. If its the store that I'm thinking about that ended their strike my friend's hubby worked there.

Comment

I just read on MSN about two different companies getting ready to strike.

Comment

Do you guys not strike ads whey union? We just finished our new contract and used the "target" method. My mill was target this year and because of that every mill we cover got a sweet deal. Except the few who chose to go alone....yeh they now get out of bed for $18/hour lol. While our entry level wage was raised to almost $29.

Anyways we have meetings with our national reps and determine the direction we will all take as a whole even though different companies own the different mills.

Also do you guys keep a strike fund?

Comment

Working...
                      X