This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't poke me, mon

Was at work today, and yawned (hiding it politely behind my hand), and suddenly felt someone jab me in the fleshy part of my upper arm. Whipped my head around, and just caught a customer walking past who not-so-quietly muttered, "Stay awake!"

Like it's not bad enough when I get the usual, "Tired?" or "Get enough sleep?" comments when I have to yawn at work, but Jesus, don't fucking JAB at me!

At least they weren't trying to get a Peek-at-chyou...
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
      Peek-at-chyou...
      There's a Jigglypuff joke there somewhere, but I'm not taking it.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
        "Stay awake!"
        Followed closely by me yelling DON'T F*CKING TOUCH ME!!! at the top of my lungs.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

When I zone out doing something don't notice someone, I SERIOUSLY don't notice them. That person probably would have gotten slapped or a finger in the eye as I spazzed for a second if they poked me. Possibly accompanied by a little bit of shrieking.
          Last edited by Dave1982; 09-05-2017, 10:04 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting
          Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

How unbelievably rude! You don't freaking touch people you don't know. I don't even like to be touched by people I do know.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Very stupid of that customer. Some folks have been known to attack someone who grabs/pokes/otherwise physically harasses them -- reflexes, PTSD, etc.

You don't know what the other person is going through, you don't make stupid remarks and for heaven's sake, keep your grubby hands to yourself!!!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
              X