This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Woe [Ranty]

To everyone who has worked as an advisor or in as an office worker, you have my undying respect.

At the start at this school semester, I've been working at the Uni honors office as a peer adviser. Never have I thought that there would be a job that would make me consider rethinking my opinion on the Rec Center patrons and workers.

Rant Mode On

Generally, everything is okay; but sometimes I swear people are working ass backwards there if at all. There's only 5 peer adviser's and the amount of work I've put into filing is equal to all the work of the other 4 combined. Do you know how tedious it is to go through the graduate files of past honors students since the seventies, making sure the info on the computer is accurate, shredding the really old files, reorganizing the non-shredded folders by year in alphabetical order.
    2 of my co-workers do have valid excuses for not working as much, they have to do student teaching clinicals. The other two are flakes: one taking on to much responsibility and the other is a bit of hypochondriac in my opinion

And the students. Why must they wait to the last second to arrange an appointment when they had all semester to ask questions? Or worse, the walk-ins during an already busy fully scheduled day. I do give credit though to the people who came in early and knew what classes they wanted to take. But I swear another phone call about registering for classes I will not hesitate to speak my mind. The new system is no different from the old system. The log-in is the same, the class search is similar and only minimal effort is actually required to use it. Stop complaining and actually try to register. Trust me you won't break the system I promise.

Rant Mode Off

I feel better.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm
Working...
X