X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth DevilBoy View Post
    mouth-breathers
    Hey, I resemble that remark.

I think DVD should be released at the same time as the movie. And be sold at the theaters, too, while the show's running there. I'm sure most theaters would be interested in another revenue stream, and would make the room for it.

Simultaneous release has been done before, but not with anything really big. I think it'd work out pretty well though. People that go to cinemas want the cinema experience, and they'd still go even if the DVD was available. They might pick up the DVD on the way out t hough.

Course it'd also mean better quality rips, sooner, for pirates like me to evaluate before deciding whether a movie's worth putting up with a theater for.
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I work in a public library. Years ago, a kid asked me for the newest Harry Potter movie. Yes, the one that hadn't even been published in book form yet!

Prisoner of Azcabasan (sp?) was coming out in book in a few weeks and he wanted it in a movie.

Susan

Comment

Update. The guy showed up at the store the next week like he said. Once again I had to explain to him again that the movie had just hit the theaters and would not be out on DVD for couple of months.

So last Friday his wife comes into buy Lotto tickets. He is sitting in the car outside when he tells her ask about the Richard Gere movie. She actually sighs and asks me if it's on DVD yet. I tell her the same thing I told him last month.

She sighs again "I know, he's been asking about that stupid movie every week since he heard about it." She then tells me that she has been telling him the same thing I told her only he refuses to believe her.

I get the feeling when the DVD finally comes out she'll be happier than he is.
        My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

He's talking about Nights In Rodanthe, right?

I had to sit through that because a couple of girls were worried they were being stalked. Oh dear. It is all very romantic and saccarine, and has a couple of big fat cliches, and then the end ... oh dear Dog, why?
          Last edited by cinema guy; 11-04-2008, 10:22 AM.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
            And be sold at the theaters, too, while the show's running there.
            Hey, some/most plays sell items related to the play of the week during intermission (souvenirs, you know... the soundtrack, costume pieces, a hard bound program...) The DVD would be a logical progression...
            Quoth Plaidman View Post
            So using bad logic, bad movies get to dvd faster then good movies.
            What bad logic? That's what I'd always heard. The sooner those bad movies make it to store shelves, the sooner the company might see some return on their investment.
            Quoth vloglady View Post
            Prisoner of Azcabasan (sp?)
            Azkaban. But you were close.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              Hey, some/most plays sell items related to the play of the week during intermission (souvenirs, you know... the soundtrack, costume pieces, a hard bound program...) The DVD would be a logical progression.
              We have started to sell related merchandise very recently - Mama Mia! soundtracks, HSM soundtracks and posters. The posters we can't keep in stock.
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Do you guys have a flea market around the area? There's usually some video thief selling bad copies for $5. Send him there.

Comment

Working...
                X