Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Baby Jesus, let my children love me when I am old...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Baby Jesus, let my children love me when I am old...

Ok here is my customer horror story for this week. Notary lady. HORRIBLE BITCH.

SC comes in with a really old lady, her mom, right? Bullies and bitches at her the whole time. The old lady does not understand the documents, (advanced healthcare directive and a living trust), her daughter is cussing and getting all impatient, neither of them had their IDs (lol genius, lets go get something notarized and they can just do it without any form of identification).

So finally after like 20 min of wailing and gnashing of teeth finding the ids (they were in the car), it becomes really clear to me the old lady doesnt understand whats going on. BITCH TAKES HER HAND AND TRIES TO MAKE HER SIGN.

So I'm like, "ma'am, let me stop you right there, I'm sorry but I'm not going to be able to notarize this for you."

Imagine a silence so complete you feel your brain begin to consider the possibility you have fallen into some kind of hole in time-space continuum, in which you can feel the proximity and sinister breath of one who wishes to see you dead and rotting, your soul twisting in hellish agony, followed shortly by the gruesome appearance of that chick from the exorcist. Complete with Satan voice and green pea soup vomit. Screams bounce from the walls. Spittle flies.

I explain calmly I cannot notarize a document which the signer is being coerced or bullied to sign and furthermore does not appear to understand, that that is indeed the purpose of having such a thing as a notary public.

Commence more spittle and gnashing of teeth.

Meanwhile the old lady is just standing there looking confused.

So, after like 45 minutes, Bitch grabs old lady by the arm and like drags her out the door, still grumbling and bitching.

Other customers are standing there like, 'wow' and I'm thinking bitch is lucky she didn't get pwnd by one of them because the whole thing was so appalling. And I feel so bad for that poor old lady. Jesus Christ, I hope my children grow up loving me.
    Last edited by elysia; 11-04-2008, 07:09 PM.

Any chance you have Ederly Protective Services where you live? I'd give them a call if you still have their names. Something seriously shady is going on there. Is and Advanced healthcare directive something like a living will (saying when you can pull the plug for example)?

Comment

Sounds like daughter was trying to get rid of mom and get all her assets. May she rot.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Actually, there are two possibilities here.

One is that something, indeed, was shady.

The other is that nothing was shady, but that the older women had agreed to do something when her mind was with her, but her mind left her when she got to the notary, and her daughter was simply frustrated with this turn of events. Was the daughter a complete monkey rectum? Yes. I am not excusing her actions. I am merely saying there are other possibilities behind the scenes that we may not have thought of.

And those are only the two possibilities I have thought of. I have no doubt that there are others I have not considered. Now, don't ask me what they are....I just told you....I haven't thought of them!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Most attorneys usually have at least one member of their staff who is a notary. It makes things like this so much simpler. This is why I'm questioning the daughter's motives. If she drew up the papers, or asked an attorney to, then wouldn't let the attorney see her mother's condition when signing the documents, it makes me wonder about the situation.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I really, really hope that she didn't find a less conscientious notary after she left you. I feel so bad for the mother.
            "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

And for my 2c, I'm going to think less than the best of people. Whenever I see a situation like that, my first thought is, Now where did the daughter learn it from? Yes, it's quite possible that she turned out to be a harradin all by herself, with no assistance whatsoever. But it's also likely that she's imitating the way her mother treated her when she was a little girl. As has been noted more than once on these forums, bad attitudes tend to run in families.
              NOTE: this does not mean I excuse the daughter's bad behaviors, just that there may be a reason behind it.
              Last edited by mischugenah; 11-04-2008, 07:53 PM. Reason: rabid monkey bananas
              What a wonderful thing humanity is-- passionate, intelligent, inquisitive, generous, fully of hope and joy, noble of spirit, and above all... delicious! -- LaCroix

Comment

Quoth walking with scissors View Post
                I really, really hope that she didn't find a less conscientious notary after she left you. I feel so bad for the mother.

That was my thought. I've had to decline notaries before and they've usually always responded with "Well, I'm going to just go find someone who WILL notarize it, then!" or "But this other random notary did it just like this before whiiiiiiiiiiiiine." Sad thing is, they're probably right. A lot of people don't do their job.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  The other is that nothing was shady, but that the older women had agreed to do something when her mind was with her, but her mind left her when she got to the notary,
                  That happened with my grandma. She had a small strioke and it affected her memory and as she got worse, she forgot to pay her bills. She agreed that my dad would become her executor, but when the time came to sign the paperwork she was in a very bad state of confusion and the notary or solicitor wouldn't accept her signature.
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                  X