This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• things I can't pull out of my nether regions

I’m new to the boards, and only 1 post under my belt from my old waitressing days. This is classic crap I have to put up with on Saturdays. I work for a call center and we dispatch field techs (FSR) for things we can’t fix over the phone. They work 8-5 local time M-F, on call during the weekends for emergencies only. I mean emergencies for what we deem them to be, not someone crying about crap. I’ve been with my company for almost 10 yrs, a different office for the last 5. The only reason I mention that is because I now work for a office that has all the “special-kiss our asses” clients. I’m not much of an ass kisser, but I’m pretty good and joking and having fun with people, so typically I can talk them down when they are pissed. Anyway, this little gem happened on a Saturday (easy OT).

OD-oh my god I’m gonna die if I have to walk to another printer to get my print jobs-overly dramatic
    PDE-Me-phone drone extradionare (because self titles are so much fun!)

PDE-thank you for calling spiel…….
    OD-I need to check on this ticket.
    Proceed to get ticket number and look up info. See it was for a printer that was called in at 4:45pm local time last night. At this point, my heart sinks. I know the person that had created this ticket, didn’t bother to let them know it would be escalated until Monday. Why be the bad guy? Let someone else do your dirty work.

PDE- Well, I see this was called in late in the afternoon yesterday, and unfortunately, FSR’s don’t come out on the weekends for printers. I’d be happy to get someone to move the print jobs to another printer until FSR comes on site, but that’s our only option at this point to get you printing this weekend.
    OD- What?!?!? How come I wasn’t told this yesterday!!! I need this printer up and running today. I’m a sales guy and I need it to do sales!!
    PDE-I understand that, but unfortunately they don’t work on weekends for printers, just emergencies. (I know you’re all thinking, big mistake, oh yeah, it was!)
    OD-This is an emergency, blah, blah blah
    PDE-lather rinse repeat oh, about 10x
    OD, I’m going to DIE because I can’t print.

This went on for a few minutes, me just sticking to my talk track….then it gets personal.

OD-This FSR is incompetent anyway, it’s been an issue for months. Nevermind, that I can go back in and look and see what’s been called in.
    PDE-(gloves off time) I’d appreciate you not calling my CW incompetent. Looking at your history, I see that the printer has been called in a few times, but it’s been for different issues each time. No one can know what’s going to break on a printer and they are doing the best they can is fix what is broke when it’s broke.

Of course that digressed into me not knowing shit, but I don’t give a crap when someone tells me that. I’m freaking good at my job and know it. I get all the crap on printers and network equipment that no one else wants to work on.

So in 10 yrs of work, I actually had to call a manager and have them tell OD the same thing. I guess who he believed.

Asked CW (yet again) to please let clients know when they call in late on the weekends, it’s not going to be dispatched until Monday. Of course he “forgot” again. Only been working with the company for the same dept for 7 yrs,

Thank god I work remotely and can’t walk over and punch him in the throat. I’d get fired for assault.
    Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Don't ya love it when CW's dump things on you like that? Suck on the both CW and the SC's parts here. I can kinda see why the SC was upset, but no reason to take it out on you.

Oh and welcome btw.
    wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
    ----
    Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Working...
    X