This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What possesses a person...?

.. to walk into a DARKENED store conspicuously vacant of retail personnel, and assume it's open? And then get angry when told that it isn't?

Seriously, lady, you take the word 'oblivious' to a whole new level. The store is so dark that at the back of the store (where she was trying to shop), you can't even see well enough to read.

When she was told (politely) that the store wouldn't be open for another 20 minutes or so, she immediately launched into a tirade about 'her rights' as a customer (wtf?) and how inconvenient it was to have to wait.

At which point, the concept of my being 'polite' fled the scene entirely.

Wrong guy, lady. I am literally the person who could not possibly care less about your overblown sense of entitlement and your complete disregard for the obvious.

You know where the door is. See you at nine. Or not. I really don't care either way.

Yeah. I'm going to be fired soon, probably. Mainly because IDGAF.

I'm back, by the way. Good to see y'all.
    Last edited by CyberLurch; 08-22-2017, 05:38 PM.

If you are fired for reacting "improperly" to that sort of customer, you're probably working in the wrong place anyway.

Can't say I would've reacted any differently. "There's the door."
    Last edited by EricKei; 08-23-2017, 01:40 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate comment
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I think she must be related to a library customer we had a few years ago.

As I recall, it was on one of the days when my particular branch closes at 5 pm. This woman had arrived around 8 pm, and was very upset that we were not open. She apparently somehow had the idea that library staff had decided to close the building early, and called to complain. (not sure whom she spoke to, but would've loved to hear their response)

Comment

Welcome back! I have noticed your absence.

At my last work place, a security guard would always be waiting outside the employees door to be sure that nobody "accidently" followed the employees in.

I'm pretty self absorbed so might not have noticed the signs if I saw that the doors were open. I do think that I probably would have noticed that I couldn't see because it was so dark so would have wondered if there was a problem.

However, if someone politely (or even rudely) told me that I was an idiot and to get out, I wouldn't have gone into a tirade about my rights (and since when do customers have the right to shop when the store is closed?), I would have just fled the store while apologizing at every step.

Comment

Relatives of the SC in this post.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

How did she even get in? Weren't the doors locked?
            Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

Quoth apocolypse101 View Post
              Climbed in through the HVAC system in the roof then repelled from the ceiling.. Happens all the time..
              Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                Climbed in through the HVAC system in the roof then repelled from the ceiling.. Happens all the time..
                Ah. I was imagining more of a Solid Snake like approach, like hiding under a cardboard box by the loading dock.
                Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

Quoth apocolypse101 View Post
                  No, the doors were not locked because staff has to get in. The inside locks, I'm told, haven't worked properly in at least a year. And there's little chance they'll be fixed anytime soon. This place is cheap, cheap, cheap. I've only been at the job for five weeks or so and I'm already regretting my decision (against doctor's advice, no less) to return to work, even part time.

Comment

I stopped by one of my favorite lunch spots a few days ago, only to find that it was closed for remodeling. I couldn't tell until I got out of the car and walked up to the door and saw the signs.

I wonder how many people tried to walk in anyway. The doors were unlocked so the construction people could go in and out, so any idiot could have walked in.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                      I stopped by one of my favorite lunch spots a few days ago, only to find that it was closed for remodeling. I couldn't tell until I got out of the car and walked up to the door and saw the signs.

I wonder how many people tried to walk in anyway. The doors were unlocked so the construction people could go in and out, so any idiot could have walked in.
                      I can just imagine the scene: Customer walks into a room wherein most of the furniture has been pulled aside, leaving obvious gaps; drywall boards are leaning against a wall; tables and chairs are stacked up halfway to the ceiling; there are various tools lying around, such as electric saws, the only lights are shop lights on long extension cords, and there is dust and grime everywhere.

Customer pulls a chair off the pile, sits at the one single table that wasn't placed on the stack, and 40 minutes later starts yelling about customer service and where's the cook and why can't they get lunch here?
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                        ... The doors were unlocked so the construction people could go in and out, so any idiot could have walked in.
                        But the closest tool to the door was the cut-off saw.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

.... I walked into a restaurant that was changing over from one chain to another, as they were re-modeling. I mis-read the "grand opening" date. I walked in and noticed that there was still a fair bit of stuff missing. Some carpet, some furniture, and so on.

Oops! I turned around and went somewhere else for my noms.

This is the same place I go pretty much every Thursday for dinner, now. (My board gaming group meets there.)
                          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            I can just imagine the scene: Customer walks into a room wherein most of the furniture has been pulled aside, leaving obvious gaps;
                            Cue SC walking in, going out of their way to "trip" on an extension cord, and conveniently falling into/next to a gap. Lawyer up!

Quoth dalesys View Post
                            But the closest tool to the door was the cut-off saw.
                            Nah, the tool was sitting at the table, demanding service...
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

That's the same logic used by the dumbass who pulled up in front of a grocery store that had just shut down - the signage was being removed from the overhang, the front windows were boarded up and asked if we were hiring.

I simply shook my head and told the nitwit we were closed and walked off laughing at their stupidity.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X