This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stupidest try for a credit I've ever heard

A lot of customers will try any kind of rationale they can think of to beg us for credits and discounts.

Of course there are the classics:

"I've been a loyal customer for years!"
    "I spend sooo much money with you guys..."
    "It's just good customer service."
    "If you don't give me $X I'll cancel and go to Competitor X!"
    "The customer is always right!"

Then you have the "pull at your heartstrings" ones:

"But I'm on a fixed income!"
    "I just spent $X on Y for Little Johnny/Susie and can't afford my bill."
    "My wife/brother/aunt/son-in-law just died..."
    "I was just diagnosed with cancer." (yes, people try this)

But this lady I had today takes the cake for the mother of all stupid reasons. She wanted a credit...on her cell phone bill of all things for...get this...pain and suffering.

Yes folks, she thought we should lower her bill because of PAIN and SUFFERING.

Aside from causing me to lose even more faith in humanity this kind of an ill advised Hail Mary is a terrible insult to people who have been through, you know, actual PAIN and SUFFERING.

I don't care how bad your wireless service is or how much you think your phone sucks but even a terrible experience with a cell phone provider does NOT equal Pain and Suffering.

This is 1st world problems at its finest folks. Right here.

So how did this story end?

My manager offered her $15 and she said that was "incredibly insulting" and hung up.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

I have said this before and will say it again

Welcome to my world in the pizza biz. no matter how stupid or outrageous the complaint -- FREE shit to the masses no real questions asked. and if we deny them they just move up the ladder one rung at a time till someone throws free stuff at them.

At least your management does, at times, have a spine and IS able to say NO !!!!!
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

The "pain and suffering" is probably due to the fact that she forgot to put the phone down before she stuck her thumb back up her ass.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

OMG. Just when you think you've heard it all... ya log into CUSTOMERSSUCK and hear about a new low.

Seriously, if all a customer has to do is whine and bitch to get freebies, why do we even have an economy at all?

And under what rock does the customer live that they don't know that sometimes, that wireless contraption in their hand DOESN'T WORK? It is just the nature of the beast, and it is well documented.

You have to wonder what these people did before there were cell phones and 24/7, 'anywhere', broadband access to social media.

Comment

You have to wonder what these people did before there were cell phones and 24/7, 'anywhere', broadband access to social media.
          Suffered painfully. Isn't it obvious?

I'll take my coat ...

Comment

The "fixed income" play from the Card Deck of Misery is the one I find most hilarious, as if there's a bunch of people out there with unlimited funds.

Comment

Unless you're Mark Zuckerberg, EVERYONE is on a "fixed income". Hell, look at Johnny Depp, blowing through a $600 million fortune like an idiot.

Comment

Yep. I am on a fixed income. I work 40 hours a week, no overtime or tips. I know almost to the penny how much we will get every month.

"Oh, but you work, you can get a different job and make more money! My situation is much different than yours and you are heartless to even compare yourself to me."

Comment

I want the latest and greatest phone! And I want it free and free lifetime service! Because I have to charge my phone every day and that's terribly inconvenient! Give that to me or you're a big poopy head, and you work for a greedy company!
                  Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I think the stupidest try to a discount at the fabric store was this. Customer wants five yards. There's only four yards left. Customer wants a discount on all four yards because "it's not what I wanted." And basically all variations on this theme. The color is slightly different from "what I wanted." I bet you we could carry everything available in the world and you would not find what you wanted, you don't get a discount for being unreasonably picky.

I can only imagine how much worse it is with cell phones and plans.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I have had too many variations on this conversation, especially considering where I work:

"I want X, but I only have Y."

"Well, for Y you could do A, B, or C."

"No, you don't understand. I want X, but I only have Y."

"That's why I suggested A, B, or C. I suppose you could even try D. That would be possible for X."

"You're just not getting it. I want X. I only have Y. You need to give me X for Y."

"No. I'm pretty sure I don't. You need to make a choice from A, B, C, or D. X is not possible."

"Why don't you understand? I want to speak to a manager. I need to have X for Y! What's the problem?"

"Sorry, we don't have managers on site here. I could try calling them but they're only going to say the same thing."

[Idle threats, possibly including holding one's breath until the manager suddenly appears from The Back. Sadly they never follow through, at least not long enough to go blue in the face - I've always wanted to see that happen...]
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Due to it being a long weekend, a few oil refineries getting wet and a lot of panic buying, gas prices have started creeping up. When I filled my tank Friday evening (my normal day to do so, NOT panic buying), I noticed that the price had gone up 5 cents since I left that morning. Oh well, I was the one who made the choice to wait until my normal time, I am the one who has to pay for that choice.

Today, I went into the attached c-store for milk and noticed that gas was now 2.42 per gallon.

The man in front of me was throwing a fit over the price of gas and felt that he deserved a credit because he didn't have time to fill up before the prices started going up.

The manager quickly shut him down and all of the rest of us were all.

Comment

I'd love to get fuel for only $2.42 per gallon. I've been paying over $3 for quite a while.

I'm sure our European friends would also dearly love to get fuel for $2.42/gal. That's 64 cents (US) per liter!
                          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                            I'm sure our European friends would also dearly love to get fuel for $2.42/gal. That's 64 cents (US) per liter!
                            What! Here in the land of Oz (Oztralia) we are paying more than double that. Waaaaa! I wanna discount! Waaaa Waaa!

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                              I think the stupidest try to a discount at the fabric store was this. Customer wants five yards. There's only four yards left. Customer wants a discount on all four yards because "it's not what I wanted." And basically all variations on this theme. The color is slightly different from "what I wanted." I bet you we could carry everything available in the world and you would not find what you wanted, you don't get a discount for being unreasonably picky.

I can only imagine how much worse it is with cell phones and plans.
                              SC should be issued a 4 yard penalty.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X