X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why yes, our hold times are up....

And this is why....

Lady calls in, has been misdirected to wrong dept. I tell her I must transfer her, to be met with a shriek of "I am very displeased with that! I was on hold for 13 minutes to get to you! I don't want to be on the phone all day!"

I reply "I do apologize for that, ma'm, Our hold times are high because our centers in Texas are closed due to flooding from Harvey. But I am glad you called today rather than tomorrow...as our centers in Florida are going off line because of Irma....we need to evac our people there now. But I'll warm transfer you to disputes, to make sure you get a real person, mmmkay?"

Sure lady, we are all going to stay in the center and drown just to keep you from waiting on hold!

The next business she called probably got an earful about how awful their service is because they outsourced to another country.

Comment

Wouldn't be a bit surprised.

Comment

How do we know she hasn't already?
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Because the whooooole universe revolves around her ...

That was my second choice for a comment. My first choice would've probably gotten me a knuckle rap from the mods ...
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

One of the things I always hated about customer service phone work was people insisting that they NOT be transferred to....the dept. that can actually help them, because....they'd already been transferred more than once and/or had been on hold for a while.

Well, I'm sorry you were transferred several times but the fact is that if I am not in the dept. that handles your category of business, then I CANNOT help you! I can't even look up your info because it's not in my computer system. The fact that our hold recording tells you (a) what dept. you've reached and (b) what number to dial for the dept. you actually need, apparently made no impression on you, as you were too busy ranting to listen to what it said.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth nutraxfornerves View Post
              The next business she called probably got an earful about how awful their service is because they outsourced to another country.
              One time my company lost our entire offshore team for a while due to a typhoon. You should have heard the complaining...

Comment

Wow 13 minutes wish I could spend that on hold. I spent 45 minutes the other day.
                Last edited by Bardmaiden; 09-12-2017, 07:06 PM.
                Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Working...
                X