This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My own idea of a response to him:

Sir you might have passed the board, but I passed math. Anyone with a highschool edcuation knows that 50% plus 30% is NOT 80%.

If anything he's just trying to play the "lawyer card" just to scam you.

Sure it'd be nice if you could add percentage like that but it doesn't work that way. Say it's $100. take away 50% and then 30% and you end up paying $35. He was just trying to scam you out of money.

So... my other idea of a response is: Go ahead and sue then. Make an official paper-trail showing that you're trying to scam us out of money.
    (he'll back down, or sputter and try to bluff more...but he won't ever sue you... no real lawyer would want the judge knowing that he was using his position in law to scam a store)

Comment

Yikes a (former)coworker!

welcome, fellow refugee!

my cover's blown<runs and hides in a corner>
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Raventhistle View Post

him: Hey, why don't I ditch my wife and you could marry me?
        me: *shuddering inside, as he's got unkempt hair, 2 beer bellies, a wife with 4 kids at home, and is currently wearing overalls* No thanks, I have a boyfriend.
        him: Well we could ship him off to Japan
        me; I don't think he'd like that very much
        Ugh. I'll never understand what would possess a man, fat, unhealthy, ungroomed, and generally unemployed, to believe himself enough of a 'catch' to snag someone half his age and with an actual future. I mean, what kind of screwed-up mirror is hanging in their hallway???
        When I was working in Guatemala, not a week went by that at least one of my co-workers (young, white, in reasonably good health) didn't get proposed to, usually by some pock-marked middle-aged guy who was already married. Needless to say they got good at politely putting these idiots off. But it never happened to me, and I was never sure whether to be miffed or relieved. One day I asked a friend if she knew why, was I just not the 'type' middle-aged Guatemalan men went for? She chuckled and told me it was because I came off as the kind of person who wouldn't bother to be polite, just laugh in their face.
        You know what? She was right.
        What a wonderful thing humanity is-- passionate, intelligent, inquisitive, generous, fully of hope and joy, noble of spirit, and above all... delicious! -- LaCroix

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
          The MOD also called the special corporate Consumer Service number that stores can use and informed them of the situation. The SC called them, and they sent him directly to the legal dept. They decided to only respond via certified mail with return receipt.
          Beautiful. Beautiful!

I have to admit, I'd probably think 50% with another 30% off at the checkout meant 80% off. But if advised otherwise by the clerk I would shrug and go "Oh. Okay."

Comment

Sadly, my coworker had already lost her beleif in our manager, so she never told her about it, just told the rest of us in that department after the asshat had been enabled. *Sighs*
            I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose. ~George Carlin.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
              Yikes a (former)coworker!

welcome, fellow refugee!

my cover's blown<runs and hides in a corner>
              *Offers some change for the pop machine, and a passkey that her husband never turned in* it's ok, we were on opposite sides of the fence, but still prisoners in the same building. You're safe with me
              I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose. ~George Carlin.

Comment

You really want to mess with a "lawyer"? Drop something like the following on them.

"Oh, you're really a lawyer? Great, can I ask you a quick question? I was reading about Virginia v. Brown the other day and I was curious about the ruling about Mr. Brown's treason based on the militia documents...would you know anything about that?"

I just spouted, basically, a lot of crap, but a faker would probably feel compelled to try and make up some kind of reasonings, heh heh. If you actually know some court cases and details, or some obscure things that lawyers should know, burn them on it.
                "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Your boss was a total jellyfish there. Only an idiot would consider that 80% off - it's basic math! Guy was an ass, yes, but your boss should have stuck to her guns. She KNEW he was wrong. HE knew he was wrong, it was just sucky all around. Sorry you have to go back to it!
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Well, I would honestly have to think twice about it, so I guess I agree about the misleading part. Wouldn't it be simpler to put a 65% off sign ? But yes, once pointed out, I wouldn't argue, let alone bitch, about it.
                    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

*Offers some change for the pop machine, and a passkey that her husband never turned in* it's ok, we were on opposite sides of the fence, but still prisoners in the same building. You're safe with me

Hey I still have a badge......<thinks evil thoughts>
                      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

So he wants to take the "50% off then 30% off" sign to court to get a laugh? He'll be the one the judge is laughing at. I have seen that sort of stacked discounting in the wholesale business.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

"I heard him talking over by the men's socks, and he was talking to his wife about how he could get away with this, and how he was going to pick the youngest person here to do it."
                          You know, if my boyfriend did that, he'd be walking home.
                          http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/29478

Comment

"I'm a lawyer baby, why don't you kill me..."

Wait, wrong song.

(Not trying to be mean to the good lawyers, just the stereotypical ass munchers)
                            Quoth blas87 View Post
                            I've never understood why men feel the need to be jackasses in public in front of their women, and I've never understood why any woman would tolerate or even be amused at that type of behavior.
                            Because shallow self centered bitches like ignorant asshats?
                            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I wonder, how many, if any, of these "I'm a lawyer" types are, in fact, lawyers. Or how many of them just think it sounds good.
                              My Uncle Dave is an attorney. He tells all the best lawyer jokes. But he doesn't use it to try to get special treatment.
                              http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/29478

Comment

I've had these gems pulled on me before

SC: Are you a lawyer?

Me: No sir, but I'm reasonably sure I know how to read.

SC: Well I was one and....

------------------

SC: I'm going to school to be a layer so don't try to blow this off like I'm some dummy, I know false advertising when I see it.

This was said in regards to the fact that their phone had an internet browser, but we don't offer internet service.

I don't get why some people think a certain profession will automatically intimidate me or make me bend over backward to help them. And yeah the guy in the OP was just being a complete jerk. I think you did a good job Raven. Your manager on the other hand needs to be thwacked with a Cluebat

Comment

Working...
                                X