• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
    Hardy Haron?
    Nah.

Sarge.

I kinda sympathize with wanting XP. I'd take Emoticon OS(tm) over Vista any day. But I'd also prefer 2k over the Emoticon. But to accuse salespeople of hiding merchandise? Hah.

Besides. 2K-san is much cuter than the over-endowed XP-tan.
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
      Greedy Gerbil?
      Blast Hardcheese!

Gristle McThornbody!

Bob Johnson! ...oh wait...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Mutiny
      "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
      "What IS fun to fight through?"
      "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post
        You know, the first thing I saw was this little old lady hunched over the computer, "NO, Ethel, I can't come knitting, we're downing Kil'Jaedan and I'm the main healer!"
        Wow...um, I've said almost exactly that a few times, and I'm only 29...frackin' WoW!
        MySpace

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
          How I long for the day when I can finally afford a Mac.
          I am, however, slowly compiling my small army of Apple products. *hugs her new present aka her iPod Touch*
          Grins, "Buy used, or buy a mini, its fairly cheap (i'm still running a first gen mini m'self)."
          Seph
          Taur10
          "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
            Blast Hardcheese!

Gristle McThornbody!

Bob Johnson! ...oh wait...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Mutiny
            Big McLargehuge! Splint Chesthair! Grunt Slamchest! Stump Chunkman! Blast Thickneck! Lump Beefbroth! Smoke Manmuscle!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY
            Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
              It's actually an uncommon word, and that's part of the problem. Because in Spanish, it is a common word. So when I first saw it, I automatically thought of the Spanish way of saying it.
              I never thought to pronounce it as Veesta, because of the marketing blitz that hit before it was launched. I never understood how people will continue to use the wrong pronunciation after they have heard the right one a hundred times.

I will admit I used to call the OS Lie-nux, but then a "user" corrected me. So now I say it right.
              I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
              -The Amazing E
              Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Quoth wanderingjoe72 View Post
                I never thought to pronounce it as Veesta, because of the marketing blitz that hit before it was launched.
                No TV for me. Makes it easy.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                  No TV for me. Makes it easy.
                  Yeah, I'm constantly correcting myself.

I took Spanish for six years, so it's very easy for me to say Veesta.

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
                    Yeah, I'm constantly correcting myself.

I took Spanish for six years, so it's very easy for me to say Veesta.
                    I grew up speaking English and Spanish and it never came to mind to call it Veesta. I guess I am just wierd that way.
                    I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
                    -The Amazing E
                    Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Simple way to resolve this.

The word is spelt V-I-S-T-A, and is pronounced 'Crap'

Just say 'Windows Crap', and people will know what you're talking about.
                      Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
                        Just say 'Windows Crap', and people will know what you're talking about.
                        umm, that could also be describing Windows ME or XP before the service packs...

how bout we just redefine "crap" to mean "any windows operating system"
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I've said it in unsupportable, and I'll say it here. Lay off OS bashing. Macs, Windows, Linux, whatever. If you wanna do that, go here.
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                          X