This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes I really hate my job

Yesterday was tough. It was in the middle of one of our rushes and I had a line of 5 deep. Since I was the only one at the registers, I had to show people jewelry also. This group (who I later deduced had planned this) was standing at the front and one person asked to look at one of our most expensive necklaces ($25.) I brought it out and went back to the customers. When I turned back around after ringing out my customers, the group and the necklace had vanished. This was the first time I'd ever had something stolen from me on my shift, and I'll be damned if it'll happen again. I won't be blamed for it but it still bugs me that I was taken advantage of like that. I hate our customers sometimes, and yesterday was the toughest day I've ever had in my working career. That was just one of the problems, but it was a major one.
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a normal theft ploy... have you hand them something, and, when your attention is averted, make a break for it. Hell, usually, when someone's planning that, they have an accomplice distract you.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

It's people like that which ruin it for everyone else. I'd propose not allowing anyone to handle jewelry unless there is someone to constantly keep an eye on them, but you know someone will whine about poor service if you're the only one at the register and there's a line, causing them to have to wait.

Or they'll get offended that you had the nerve to even suggest they'd steal.

Comment

Do you remember what they look like? Maybe you can write down a description and your co-workers can help keep and eye out for them in case they return and attempt the theft again.

I'm sorry you got robbed.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I'd agree with Crescent Cat, I know at my store, only certain ppl can show jewelry, and can only show one item at a time.

btw, do you work at Hel- I mean, Ross as well?

Comment

No, and the only person who I think might know where I work is Becks, if she reads my posts.
            I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Quoth scroob View Post
              No, and the only person who I think might know where I work is Becks, if she reads my posts.
              Of course I read your posts.

However, I am not telling all I know.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You only SOMETIMES hate your job? I hate mine ALL THE TIME
                No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I was just talking to my hubby this morning about the lowlife assholes that cheat and steal. I don't give anyone the benefit of the doubt anymore. I have people that try to throw not enough money on the counter and then try to leave.I also have people that try to leave before their debit card goes all the way through.)usually those are the ones that are declined) I had one woman come in complete with hair,makeup and louie vutton purse.I accidently only charged her credit card .26 cents instead of 2.62.Well the bitch grabbed her card and left when my back was turned(i told her that I had to charge her more). So the rich bitch cheated me out 2.00 + dollars. So from on call a manger and fuck the customers that give you a hard time.

Comment

I've thwarted a "look the other way" theft before. Not sure if I've mentioned it before on the site, but in the interest of not threadjacking, I'll do my own post for it.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

During the team huddle today, management let us know of some kind of scam going on.

*DIGRESSION ALERT* Why the hell is it that our team huddles always get called on the days where we stock monkeys are the most busy? *END DIGRESSION ALERT*

Evidently this scam involves gift cards, and the scammers running back and forth among departments "purchasing" things, and the way the cashiers are supposed to defeat this particular scam is to ring up gift cards last in a transaction.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                      X