Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I that bad looking? (longish and a lil language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I that bad looking? (longish and a lil language)

Apparently the rain bring out some interesting people! I don't know why but half of my customers today wouldn't look at me! Not just looking in my eyes, but completely avoiding me! They would just stand at the register (so I'm directly in front of them) and order while looking around like they were like Stevie Wonder on a piano! I'm not known to give bad customer service (most of the regulars come in to chat with me) and I checked in the mirror and with my coworkers to see if something was on my face/body...so WTF!?!

Then we got this gem of a SC:

guy comes in and orders a juice blend but he doesn't want ice (the recipe calls for ice...IMPORTANT!). No biggie. So my coworker goes and makes it for him and when she pours it he sees that the cup isn't filled up.

All of us here on CS, being the logical people that we are, can figure out that if you take something OUT from a recipe...the end product will be smaller. Thus it won't fill the cup at it normally should. But, if everyone was logical there would be no SCs...*sigh*

so the guy FLIPS out, screaming at my coworker about how she's ripping him off (at this point all I hear is RAWWWWWRRR wah wah wah waaaah RAAWWEE...kinda like the adults in Peanuts but psycotic) My CW calmly (although I can see she's rattled..she's tiny and this really big (tall and overweight) guy is practically ready to devour her) explains why the drink is short and then asks if he would like us to remake it or we can either fully refund or exchange for something new. SC decides that he wants another drink that is larger, has more crap on top, but more importantly waay more expensive than his original juice ( yay more money!) The drink that he orders only comes in the smaller 3 of our 4 sizes (tiny, small, med. and large) When someone orders the med (again..which is the largest size you can order of this particular drink) we put it in the larger cup to accomidate all the crap that goes on top. It doesn't fill the cup completely since it is technically the smaller size so what happens when she remakes the new drink? That's right. Douchebag McGee screams bloody murder again about the cup not being full. My CW explains that he's in fact getting more since it won't fit in the medium cup and if we put it in the med to fill the cup he would lose some of it! He still screams about us ripping him off and how all of us are going to lose our jobs when he complains to corporate and storms out. Another customer comes up and tells my CW that she did a great job handling that jerk and writes a letter to my Mgr stating so.

The kicker: the SC reaches over the counter to grab his original juice and stormed out with BOTH DRINKS!

Oy....stoopid rain making all the stoopid people come out!
    Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

*blinks* Good grief. What a twit he was.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
      The kicker: the SC reaches over the counter to grab his original juice and stormed out with BOTH DRINKS!
      So he basically stole both drinks? Could have been some kind of scam?
      It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Quoth chinashirtgirl View Post
        So he basically stole both drinks? Could have been some kind of scam?
        Well, no, he paid for at least the second one, if I followed the story correctly.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

If I follow it correctly, he only paid for the first, smaller drink. When it wasn't to his liking, demanded the larger drink and took off with both.

So he stole the more expensive drink.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Oh yes I've had people like this come into my work too.
            This is why whenever someone wants a drink re-made I take the original one back before I make the new one, and always get payment before making any drinks (except with regulars because I know most of them are fishing out exact change anyway).

Comment

we actually refunded his original drink (the cheaper one) and he bought the more expensive one. When we do that sort of refund we have the choice to give them the original drink after making the new one over.("good" customer service apparently..) It's really the manager's discretion. Usually if we mess up, I always give the customer both to make them happy (especially if I was the one messing up!) but if the customer's being a dick or it's their damn fault they can't read the menu or the six year sent in by lazy mommy can't order right (noo..not bitter..me? ) I'll keep the first one and only give the remake to the customer. This guy reached over the blenders, where most people would have to walk around to grab it (he was really tall), and grabbed the drink that i had kept and took both. Hopefully he really does never come back.
              Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

If he does come back, explain to him how you handed the videotape of him stealing the drink over to the police, and the police are just waiting for your call to come pick him up.

Well, that's what I would do.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                X