This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip: Don't piss off the guy reviewing your suspension

Time for yet another round of stupid people!

Please note that I'm being intentionally vague about some of the policies mentioned below to help avoid people going off on a rant about policies. This is about SC's, not eBay policies.

Email #1

Message: THIS CERTAINLY IS A NOTHING ANSWER. I WILL FIND ANOTHER AUCTION SITE TO SELL MY AUTHENTIC DESIGNER STUFF. JUST SELL LOW DOLLAR CRAP ON EBAY.

OMG!!! NOOOO!!! Don't go to another auction site!!! I want the pleasure of suspending your account for selling your "authentic designer stuff"!!! It's not like they aren't obvious fakes or anything....

Email #2

Message: Congratulations to your Live Help team who have managed to frustrate someone who rarely exhibits any aggressive behavior.

WOOT!!! Success at last!!!

Email #3

Ok, some background on this one:
    M is my coworker, nice guy, has a sarcastic streak a mile wide.

This particular seller got suspended (7-day, fill out the forms, play nice and you get your account back), and wrote in with the typical rude "WTF? why did you suspend me! I did nothing wrong! reinstate me you fuckers!" that we typically see from these idiots that know what they're doing is bad and try to get away with it hoping we won't catch them. So M gives them the standard response about why we suspended them and how to get reinstated. Nothing out of the ordinary.

They write back throwing a fit, calling M a "stupid idiot", demanding someone that knows what they're doing review his account, etc., etc., and M is the one that gets them, again.

Now, none of us take stuff personally and usually ignore outbursts and insults, but this jerk managed to push all the wrong buttons. M walks up to me telling me he sent it over to me to take care of since I'm more familiar with that particular policy than he is and tells me about the "stupid idiot" and other comments and goes off on a rant about how stupid he must be that was so full of sarcasm you could cut it with a knife.

So I take a look at the account, the items removed, M's response, etc. and everything was done correctly (in fact, I was the one that suspended them ). I tell M this and let him know I what I ended up telling the idiot.

For this particular policy, I'm not only THE expert in it, I helped WRITE the policy AND the responses we send out about it. Management and even our policy team comes to me when they have questions about it. In other words, my word is law when it comes to this policy. They wanted someone who knew what they were doing to review their account, they got it!

I not only tell them that I'm not only very familiar with the policy, but that I helped write it and then proceed to pick apart their arguements about why their items/account should be reinstated. This includes pointing out that they were not only OBVIOUSLY selling the not-allowed item, but blatantly trying to cirumvent the policy, which is a big no-no. I explain all this and the policies to them in terms a brain-dead snail can understand. There is no "canned response" at all in this, it's all me typing it up right then and there and shooting holes in every arguement they made and leaving no doubts as to our stance on this policy.

So then we get THIS repsonse from the assmunch:

You guys are such hypocrites. You say you can make a guide that shows people how to level but wont allow a guide that shows people how to get good gear. How bout knocking on <M's> cubicle next to yours and tell him you both are on the same intelectual plain. The only game you seem to play is with me. Now stop it and reinstate my account freaking hypocrite!

Ok, now he's managed to push all the wrong buttons with me too, and I'm have a particularly lousy day anyway. I've had enough of them and idiots like them. There is no reasoning with them and they will keep violating policy, intentionally. It's time to teach them a lesson. Here is my response:

As I told you before, your listings were obviously for <items> and you were clearly trying to circumvent policy.

Your account will not be reinstated.

We have reviewed this several times and the correct action was taken. Any future emails will be deleted without a response.

Yes, this moron managed to get the coveted "final response" from us!

I then put a note on their account saying that their 7 day suspension was now "indefinite".

As indicated by the title of the post - don't piss off the person who is reviewing your account. We try to be understanding and helpful, but some people just never learn.

I think it's time to raid the liquor cabinet...
    Last edited by Darkwish; 11-04-2008, 12:01 AM.

PWNAGE MAXIUMUS!!

Comment

Nice!!

When youre done raiding your liquor cabinet, you can have some of mine...

Comment

Quoth Darkwish View Post
        intelectual plain.
        Need I say more?

Comment

I'd like an intellectual pattern, myself. Plain is just .. boring.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Reminds of the folks who would cuss a blue streak at me to try and get their phones turned back on.
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Where exactly does one rant about ebay policies and actually get listened to?

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                Message boards with like minded people.
                Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                  I'd like an intellectual pattern, myself. Plain is just .. boring.
                  I considered that myself, though I'm more of a plaid kinda guy...
                  "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                  "What IS fun to fight through?"
                  "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Ah, I've stayed away from e-bay ever since my account was hacked during a six-month period where I *Had no computer or internet access*, and their response to me was "not our problem". Paypal not only told me it wasn't their problem, they told me I was banned for allowing a third party to use my account. ALLOW????????

Ironically, no actual paypal PAYMENTS were done during that time period, so I wasn't alerted to this until I got back online and started noticing that I had an awful lot of e-mails from irate ebay sellers and investigated.

I gave up
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                      Hell, they don't even listen to their employees!

Comment

Reminds me of what coworker J used to do. He'd call me an idiot, rant about how I "didn't know what I was doing," and then 5 minutes later...bug me to send in his paperwork. Let me get this straight, you can't figure out the overnight form, and *I'm* the idiot At least some good came out of it--I got him into trouble over it End result was that his paperwork arrived late, and he got written up for it. In other words, don't call me an idiot...I just might "accidentally" select the "3rd day" circle on the form
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

UPDATE!

Just got a reply back from the 3rd one that I told wouldn't be reinstated and we wouldn't respond to their emails!

Comment

Working...
                          X