This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backwards Land, where The Back is a real place

The small restaurant where I work has food in a small cooler case where customers can see it. They pick out what they want, we make a combo out of it and warm it up for them.

Towards the end of the day, if there's very little of a kind of food left in the front cooler, we'll transfer it to a smaller plate and wash the big platter, rather than refilling the platter. Inevitably, someone comes in and we have this conversation:

Customer: "Hi, I'd like some spicy noodles, bok choy, and... oh. There are only two veggie dumplings left."

Me: "Oh, we have more in The Back."

Coworker: *goes and gets more dumplings*

See, the cooler case in front isn't big enough to hold all the food in the restaurant. It's just for display items. There actually is a huge back fridge in the kitchen where we keep all the reserves.

Aside from restaurants, there is one other type of place I can think of where The Back actually does exist: shoe stores, specifically the small ones in malls. There will be one shoe on the shelf -- typically a left shoe towards the low end of the size range -- and you have to ask to see a pair in your size.

at my last store we had "a back" as well, kinda a small warehouse.

However... if it was in the back then we already had it available on the floor too. Assuming people did their downstock properly of course.

Comment

Working...
    X