This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F U Mother Nature Winter 2012/13 *Image Heavy*

Well the first major snow storm in 2 freakin years is headed my way. more snow is due in the next 36 hours then fell all of last winter combined. This is gonna be FUN.

Let the delivery whining begin. I may be able to pick up some overtime in the process.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
    Well the first major snow storm in 2 freakin years is headed my way. more snow is due in the next 36 hours then fell all of last winter combined. This is gonna be FUN.

Let the delivery whining begin. I may be able to pick up some overtime in the process.
    I hear you on the huge snow fall. Calling for just 1-3 at work , maybe 3-5 by home.
    Hell if we can measure it, that will be more than last year.
    Meeeeoooow.....
    Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Sorry to hear you get to deal with snow.

I'll be thinking of you while I complain about my sub-50 degree overnight lows.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It is currently *checks the forecast* a mild 20C here, with the view of it boosting up to 26C by Christmas Day.

*kicks back in the lounge chair with a Coke*
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          It is currently *checks the forecast* a mild 20C here, with the view of it boosting up to 26C by Christmas Day.

*kicks back in the lounge chair with a Coke*
          And the long range forecast is for sustained 40-45° temps...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

We could get up to a foot or so here in Iowa. Oh, yeah, and then the wind is supposed to come up to 50 mph and make it a blizzard. Won't THAT be fun? No, no it won't. At all. Thankfully, I got my closing shift tonight switched to an afternoon one, so I'm done with work. I'm not going ANYWHERE until noon on Friday, when I have to be back to work. Let it freakin' snow!
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Down here in Chicago, we're supposed to get around 5 inches plus strong winds.

Just perfect for taking public transportation.
              "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                And the long range forecast is for sustained 40-45° temps...
                Given we have no snow......also the temperature was Celsius, not Fahamericanheit :P

Comment

Merry Christmas from the Florida Keys!!!
                  Last edited by Ree; 02-23-2013, 02:47 AM. Reason: Resized massive image

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

We had that Nor'easter not that much later after Hurricane Sandy. Got about a foot of snow. Two days later it was back in the 70s.

Lately, it's just been in the mid-low 40s. If it could stay like this and not get colder, I'd be happy.
                    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

We're supposed to have 3 to 4 inches on the ground by the time I wake up tomorrow. We are supposed to get a foot or a bit less and winds, too, the worst of the accumulation during the lunch hour/afternoon tomorrow and then winds later. Well, it's December in Wisconsin. What did we expect? Maybe now I will feel like putting up a tree. Jester, I will dutifully send a link to your post to my mom, as I do every year. Always makes her
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The forecast is now 12 - 14 inches of snow with winds up to 50 mph. Me and the other Cheeseheads within 60 miles are gonna get dumped on big time.

I say this every year with love Jester: UP YOURS
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Forecast up until Christmas Day:

Friday: 29C
                          Saturday: 34C
                          Sunday: 39C
                          Monday: 27C
                          Tuesday: 27C

That's all in Celsius. Bear in mind that it takes temps of around 1C or less for snow to form.

Comment

Oh, for a snowball to stick down fireheart's bathing suit....

Already started snowing by me and I have to be at work in an hour. Driving in won't be the worst, but getting back will be trouble. I have a feeling today at work will be...interesting if the winds are as bad as they say they will be.

Last night I was at the Wally World Subway getting sandwiches for work the next two days. The gal in line behind me mentioned she was planning to head up to Green Bay today to finish her Christmas shopping. The counter girl started commenting that she was nuts, and didn't she know there was supposed to be a snowstorm? She said she had to finish shopping.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                              Given we have no snow......also the temperature was Celsius, not Fahamericanheit :P
                              I *was* refrenching hundredths of a road grader... AKA "Walk into the barbie!"
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X