Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found out about this crap a few days ago on a couple other retail websites. I don't work at a grocery store, but I was still angered by it. That's just disrespectful and a complete waste of resources. They should have been punished a little more for what they did, since they were destroying merchandise that they hadn't even paid for.
    Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      You are way too easy on the guy. Make it a Q-Tip (cotton swab).
      No, definitely a mop. One that hasn't been cleaned in quite some time, filled with lint, dirt and sour mop water. After mopping up the milk, wring it into a bucket, then implement dalesys' suggestion...

And definitely have the associates filming it and laughing at the perp. See how he likes being on the receiving end of his "pranks" and learns that they're not as funny as he thinks they are.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I ran into this the last time I went shopping....it was in the soda aisle that due to layout was pretty close to the milk area.....but the spill was far enough away from said location to make it real.

I even think I was an SC for pushing my cart through the VERY tail end of it....but all the manager said was "walk carefully"
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

The grocery store I stopped at last night might have been gallon-smashed.

I came across a manager-type guy sweeping up a large amount of kitty litter that had been used to sop up a spill. There was a broken plastic milk jug sitting in the box of kitty litter.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I hadn't even heard of this garbage until I read this post. Curious, I 'youtubed' it and found a bunch of videos. Ya, its completely and utterly stupid. If I ever see that happen, I'll gladly go get 'help' aka the manager and hope they'd have a word with the worthless little shit. Seriously, why though? How is this even funny? Is this what kids do these days? I honestly feel embarrassed for their parents. They must be so proud...

Comment

Quoth ExArtShopSlave View Post
              Seriously, why though? How is this even funny?
              I can't figure it out either. I also couldn't figure out what was funny about "fire in the hole".
              My LiveJournal

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                I can't figure it out either. I also couldn't figure out what was funny about "fire in the hole".
                The "fire in the hole" would be funny if they were in the middle of nowhere (i.e. nobody else would be affected), and then smashed a gallon jug - of nitroglycerine.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  The "fire in the hole" would be funny if they were in the middle of nowhere (i.e. nobody else would be affected), and then smashed a gallon jug - of nitroglycerine.
                  Perhaps I'd best explain. "Fire in the Hole" was a prank where the perp would order food at a fast food Drive Thru, then when the window clerk is doing something else (ie, making change), the perp would yell "fire in the hole!" and throw a full beverage cup through the window at the clerk. Apparently this was the height of teenage humor a few years ago.

"Gallon smashing" is the prank referred to in the OP, where the perp smashes a gallon bottle of milk or juice and pretends to slip in it. Two totally different pranks, both involving containers full of liquid and a pathetic sense of "humor".
                  My LiveJournal

Comment

Both of these make me hope that the stores victimized by this have cameras that can catch everything. Gallon smashing is unquestionably destruction of property (and possibly creating a public disturbance), and Fire in the hole would likely qualify as either assault or battery, depending on local statutes (YMMV) ~_~ (assault is typically making a threat, battery is typically actually doing it). Be nice if the drive thrus had cams both inside and out, so they could get the cars' license plate numbers...
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                    X