• HONKY, HONKY! HONKY, HONKY!

C: "Hello, I need to order [product]."
    Me: "Ok, may I please have your name?"
    C: "Firstname Lastname."
    Me: "And your shipping address please?"
    C: "PO Box 123, Khjqqqqqqcookiegak5, Nunavut, X0A 0E0"
    Me: "Thank you very much; that comes to $xx. How would you like to pay?"
    C: "Visa, please. xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx expires xx/xx."
    Me: "Very good; that transaction has been approved. Your order will ship today, and your Canada Post reference number is flastname."
    C: "Ok, thank you. Have a nice day."
    Me: "You as well. Goodbye."

NOW SEE HERE! I saw 867 on my Caller ID and expected a call worthy of a Gravekeeper post. It was in fact totally anticlimactic. I am tempted to demand compensation.

Me: "May I please have your postal code?"
    SC: "X0C, one vagina six."

This is much better.

We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Honky Honky, apparently.

SC: "I just need to find my credit card."
    Me: "Sure, no problem."
    SC: "Let's see, I think it--" [HONKY, HONKY! HONKY, HONKY!] "--oh, my! Why, here it is!"

...you keep it next to your fanfare horn?

It's Good to be Suspicious in the Morning

[The customer called to place an order, but said she would call back to speak to somebody else. Keep in mind she called us, not the other way around.]

SC: "Where do you work?"
    Me: "Pardon?"
    SC: "Like, what do you do for your job?"
    Me: "...I work here. For [company she just called]."
    SC: "Oh."
    Me: "..."
    SC: "Well I'm sorry, but I don't have verification of that."

I...er...ok. I don't know what to say to that one. I'm sitting here answering the company's phone, and last time you came to the store I was there wearing the company's uniform and helping the company's customers, and I KNOW you remember that because you mentioned it earlier in the call.

Some might say you just didn't want to talk to me and came up with a lame excuse. But I believe you. It's good to be suspicious in the morning.

Philip

SC: "Hello, sir. How do you do?"
    Me: "Just fine; thank you for asking."
    SC: "My name is Philip. Good-bye." [click]
    Me: "..."

If they decided to create an award for the most polite crazy person to ever call me, you Philip, would win that award. Now, Philip, there is no such award at this time, but let's not let that stop us. Let's create an award, Philip, an award so prestigious that it will soon be spoken in the same breath as the Nobel Prize. And its first recipient will be you, Philip. I hope you're prepared for the press conference, Philip, which I've taken the liberty of scheduling for tonight at six o'clock. Then, Philip, we'll follow with book signings, talk shows, and a national tour. You see, Philip, being the most polite crazy person to call me, ever, is quite the commitment. But I'm sure you're up to the task. Philip.

(Note: Sarcasm.)

Oh yeah; that actually was me

Me: [via email] "Hi Tony, it's Mango from [Company]. I have the quote you asked about this morning; that would be $xxx and includes blah blah blah..."
    SC: "you sent this to the wrong email address"

I assumed I wrote the customer's email address down wrong and called him to ask for it. He said:

SC: "Oh yeah; that actually was me. The email you have is correct."

So let me get this straight. Your name is Tony. You've asked me, Mango, who works for [Company], for a quote. Later that same day you receive an email, from someone named Mango, with pricing information for a [Company] product. It's addressed to you by name. What is it that they say? "The simplest explanation is always the best"? Ah yes. There must be someone ELSE named Mango, who also works for [Company], and is providing someone ELSE named Tony with the exact same information that you asked for. That is certainly quite the coincidence. Why, the odds of that happening must be frightfully astronomical. I'd even say positively astronomical! But yes, it is without a doubt the simplest explanation.

Come on, man! Put two and two together! I'll wait!

Skytrain

[I moved out of Vancouver some time ago; my friends still there make sure I "remember my roots" as it were.]

F: "At the Skytrain station this morning, there was this guy, about 6'4", dressed in steel-toed work boots, short-shorts, and a feather boa. And that was it. Literally it, as in no socks or shirt. It was like six degrees out, but he didn't seem cold. He was also - if you can believe this - rapping Shakespeare.
    Me: "Wow."
    F: "Yeah. It was a little hard to understand, but I'm pretty sure I caught bits of Twelfth Night. It looked like something right out of..." [he pauses to think]
    Me: "...Vancouver?"
    F: "It was even too non-sequitur for Vancouver."

I asked him what Skytrain station it was. In one of these weird twists of fate, it so happens to be the one nearest to Gravekeeper's house!

Last edited by Mango; 04-05-2013, 04:17 PM.

Quoth Mango View Post
    .We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Honky Honky, apparently.

SC: "I just need to find my credit card."
    Me: "Sure, no problem."
    SC: "Let's see, I think it--" [HONKY, HONKY! HONKY, HONKY!] "--oh, my! Why, here it is!"

That reminds me of a funny story, boss calls me early to tell me my stations have been changed. Now he managed to call when I get the majority of my morning news emails. And every time one came through my phone jingles...something that can heard by anyone I'm talking to. What's really bad is when I have a alarm set for something and I have to try and stop the alarm and not hang up on someone.

Comment

I...er...ok. I don't know what to say to that one. I'm sitting here answering the company's phone, and last time you came to the store I was there wearing the company's uniform and helping the company's customers, and I KNOW you remember that because you mentioned it earlier in the call.
      Wait... what? She's been inside the store yet... has to ask you where it is?

SC: "you sent this to the wrong email address"
      Sounds like the SC is like me - in that he has multiple email addresses. I however remember which ones I give out. Unless it's an email I don't care to get, in which case I give out one of the oddball emails.

Comment

SSBoYXZlIHRvIGFzay4gIFdoeSBpcyB5b3VyIHNpZyBiYXNlNj QgZW5jb2RlZD8/ID0p

Comment

Quoth Mango View Post
          SSBoYXZlIHRvIGFzay4gIFdoeSBpcyB5b3VyIHNpZyBiYXNlNj QgZW5jb2RlZD8/ID0p
          Keyboard Cat walk?

Comment

Quoth Mango View Post
            Fanfare horn? As in, one of those really loud airhorns? o_O
            (Note: Sarcasm.)
            I never would have guessed.

Quoth Aethian View Post
            Keyboard Cat walk?
            I have, on occasion, "amused" friends in chat by simply not deleting anything that was the result of the cat's keyboardian exploration ^_^
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Mango View Post
              NOW SEE HERE! I saw 867 on my Caller ID and expected a call worthy of a Gravekeeper post. It was in fact totally anticlimactic. I am tempted to demand compensation.
              Now, now, there's at least one weirdo in every part of the world. You just happened to find the one weirdo (ie, the only intelligent, sane and sober person) in Nunavut.

Just think how he feels, constantly surrounded by idiots and drunkards.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Maybe that guy is there in Nunavut to act as some sort of cosmic balancer, counteracting the local proclivity for weirdness...If he ever dies or moves too far away, the town will simply cave in on itself from the sheer weight of the aggregate stupidity.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth Mango View Post

Skytrain

He was also - if you can believe this - rapping Shakespeare.

<snip>

I asked him what Skytrain station it was. In one of these weird twists of fate, it so happens to be the one nearest to Gravekeeper's house!
                  Given GK's intelligence, the fact that he is on painkillers, and was on the brink of madness due to the sheer amount of stupidity he deals with both at work and his commute, I kind of wonder if this is him.

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  If he ever dies or moves too far away, the town will simply cave in on itself from the sheer weight of the aggregate stupidity.
                  So, would this put that person at the top of GK's Hit List?

SC
                  Last edited by BroSCFischer; 04-08-2013, 08:34 AM. Reason: Additional Quote
                  "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

BroSC- Hrm. Good point. Maybe we should warn the dude, for his own sake, to go get a job as a street performer near the Skytrain station, this should insure that GK steers clear, and avoids getting too close a look at him ^_^

Of course, if Nunavut does collapse, that could also mean that the locals would be able to disseminate out into the wild, rather than being trapped in the arcology where they are now...

Comment

What does it say about me that when i saw " honky" i didnt think air horn???

Comment

Quoth Mango View Post
                        Me: "Thank you very much; that comes to $xx. How would you like to pay?"
                        C: "Visa, please. xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx expires xx/xx."
                        Wait, you're telling me someone in Nunavut picked up the phone, coherently ordered something, and DIDN'T PAY COD. Are you sure you weren't just hallucinating?
                        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Sunshine View Post
                          What does it say about me that when i saw " honky" i didnt think air horn???
                          The same thing it says about me ^_^;> I was actually kinda relieved when it turned out to be something else entirely

Comment

Eric...me too!!!

Comment

Quoth Mango View Post
                              He was also - if you can believe this - rapping Shakespeare.
                              Macbeth and his lady were tryin' to make a baby
                              When the telephone did ring.
                              It was three old witches, real ugly kinda bitches,
                              And they told him he was gonna be king.
                              King Duncan was the hassle, so they killed him in the castle,
                              And the stuff really hit the fan.
                              Lady M she started walkin', in her sleep she started talkin'
                              'Bout the blood that was on her hand.

http://dmdb.org/lyrics/shakespeare.rap.html
                              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
                              X