This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cute.

Just wait until they get old enough to start having carrots....

apparently they descend like pirahnas
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
      Cute.

Just wait until they get old enough to start having carrots....

apparently they descend like pirahnas
      so do hamster babies, on lettuce. I once saw a baby hamster run up his mom's back and launch himself onto his mom's lettuce leaf, because the other 9 babies had crowded him out from the edges.(yes I gave mom more lettuce, and some celery to make up for it)
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Hamsters are little gymnasts. When I had a hamster, my parents thought my sister and I were leaving the cage door open ,and that's how she kept getting out. Then, they saw her grand plan, interrupted by us, and believed she might be clever enough to be getting out on her own.

Steps:
        1: Run on the wheel as fast as you can
        2: Stop
        3: Let the wheel launch you up
        4: Jump at the apex of the wheel to the side
        5: Grab the ceiling with your little hamster paws
        6: ???
        7: ESCAPE!!!

Runt escaped again today. Poor baby was super-cold when I picked her up... so I turned the house heat up and put her under her siblings so she'll leech their warmth until she's back to normal.

Comment

Quoth Cooper View Post
          Runt escaped again today. Poor baby was super-cold when I picked her up... so I turned the house heat up and put her under her siblings so she'll leech their warmth until she's back to normal.
          Those warming devices that are used for lizard aquariums...would one of those be safe to use with rabbits? Or a hot water bottle? I'm wondering if Runt is trying to find somewhere warmer.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            Those warming devices that are used for lizard aquariums...would one of those be safe to use with rabbits? Or a hot water bottle? I'm wondering if Runt is trying to find somewhere warmer.
            Heat lamp would be best. rabbits will chew through ANYTHING.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Today I figured out what was going on. Runt wasn't getting fed. I think her older brother was preventing her from getting food in his zeal to get it.

Runt's stomach wasn't engorged like the others, but had sunk in a bit. So I gave her five minutes alone with the mom, led her to mom's belly, and pet mom so she stayed calm during the unwilling feeding.

Today Runt's stomach was engorged like her siblings, and she seems happy.

Comment

I told my little sister that she could have the baby one (Runt), if she forgave my debt (I'd buy the cage and get the girl fixed, and keep the bunny with me until she moves out of my parent's.) I told her I'd have to get a better job first.

This morning she told me I had to get a job. I think she is gonna take me up on that offer. XD

More pictures should come up soon. Their eyes should open today or tomorrow, if I have their age estimation right. They can move their ears now, so when I check their eyes to see if they're open yet, their ears twitch. It's adorable.

Yet again Runt's showing signs she's not getting fed. Looks like I'll have to make the solo feedings a regular thing if this keeps up. At least the mother loves me, and is a pretty calm bunny. I don't think many bunnies would let me get away with encouraging extra feedings.

Comment

Bottle feeding Runt will kill her at this age. IT sounds like the prognosis for bottle feeding, until two weeks of age, is very ugly. So long as her stomach stays engorged like her siblings, she should be perfectly fine.

Comment

Pictures! (Round 2)

Rorschach.

Gray.

Runt.

Comment

It looks like they were fathered by a deer instead of your neutered bunny.

Now I'm going: is parthenogenesis possible with rabbits? I know lizards can do it but I wasn't sure if mammals could.
                      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Their markings are just stunning! I bet they're soft as velvet, too.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Sweet babies!
                          ''Sugar cane and coffee cups, copper, steel, and cattle. An annotated history the forest for the fire. Where we propagate confusion primitive and wild. Welcome to the occupation''

Comment

The babies eyes have opened, and I'm currently up, at 2AM, watching them adventure as bes as they can in their cage. The mom doesn't seem to know what to think, and is just letting the babies walk up to her and crawl all over her.

The runt even curled up, and crawled under her neck, while upside-down.

Comment

How cuuute! I'm loving the updates.

Comment

So, I should have a video to post soon of these guys, where their mother and father will also guest star. Youtube says it'll take 6 hours. I'd like to point out that this means youtube is uploading at a rate of one minute of video per hour.

Comment

Working...
                                X