This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So....

I was having a really rough time for awhile this winter and things were just coming at me from all directions. But things have settled down and I'm in a much better position to return to my old habits, particularly being here among friends and sharing stories of my life and my insane job.

So, a quick recap of the last few months:

My mortgage company less-than-legally sold my house out from under me. I sent them the paperwork they wanted in order to start mitigation and avoid the sale of my house, but I was told after the fact that I had sent the documents in 2 days too late. Despite the fact that 3 other people had previously told me otherwise. Granted, filing for mitigation was a stall tactic so I could try to sell the house on my own terms, but they pulled a fast one at the last second and basically told me that I was the one who was mistaken and the house sold and that was that. My girl wants to sue them, but I don't see the point since they are fully equipped with an army of high-powered attorneys. They're a bank, unfair business practices are all in a day's work to them. I'm not too torn up about it, I've been wanting out of that damn house for a long time. I just didn't have the money to fix the things that need fixing to make the house more easily sellable. Now I don't have to worry about any of that, I'll just let it go and file bankruptcy, because what's left of my credit with the divorce and all can actually benefit from being nuked. Besides, that house represents a lot of pain I don't mind no longer being constantly surrounded by. Plus, it's not like I'll be out on the streets....

I moved in with my girl over this past weekend. It's kind of a half-assed moved in because I only brought my clothes and the things I need for every day, plus a couple boxes of things (and we'll be moving things here on our weekends). I've been part of the family for awhile now, and her kids were super excited that I was moving in. It really worked out, timing-wise. Their sitter couldn't watch the kids over night anymore, but since I get off work at 10pm, I'm able to be here for them while my girl and her sis work at their job. It's been so nice to have a place to call "home" again, my house hasn't been my home for a very long time.

My name was legally changed a month ago today. I will never, ever have to answer to that other name again. I've gone by Kara among most people who know me for the last couple of years, online for 11 years, and internally since I was 15 (so about half my life). It's just nice to be "official" now

My knee isn't totally better, but I'm calling it "good enough." I've returned to full duty at work and we just had post rotation a few weeks ago. Now I'm working one of the intake units, where new inmates live for the first 6-8 weeks after they come to prison. So I get to pick on the newbies who still have some fear in them. It's fun.

I still see my kids every week, and that's been going well. I got a letter from the judge's office, they want to look into making changes to the arrangements. I swear my attorney sent my ex's attorney a parenting plan, I just need to find my copy so I can confirm it and send it to the judge. So hopefully things will be changing on that front and I'll be able to see more of my kids soon.

I'm sure there's stuff I'm forgetting, but it's late and I'm getting tired so it'll do for now. I missed this place.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

It's great to hear that things, however bleak and bad they sometimes get, are still going positively for you, Kara. Between moving in with your dearest and getting on with her family, putting the negative parts of your life behind you, and just generally living your life, it sounds like you're in a good place.

Hugs from us all.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Welcome back. You have been missed too.

Comment

Hi, Kara! Glad to see you back. Glad to hear you're doing all right, by the sounds of things.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

*huuuuuuugs*

Glad to hear things are looking up for ya hun.
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I'm glad to hear things are going well, Kara! I was a little worried about you. Yay for a streak of good stuff!
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Gee, I thought things were going a little too well in the land of being me. My doctor's office called today. I went in a couple weeks ago because I've been getting these random nausea spells and just lots of upset stomach symptoms. My doc wanted to get a sonogram of my gallbladder. I did that on Monday and the results are in. I have a "pronounced bile duct," which means there is some kind of problem. They're going to schedule me for some type of scan on the 17th at the hospital to check my gallbladder functions.

I could be headed for surgery, AGAIN. Yay.

Comment

Kara-kara-kara-karameeleeoooon.

First off, /huggles.

Second off, if you ever need anything, PING ME. Seriously, you know how to get a hold of me super quick.

Third, how dare that bile duct be acting up on you! The sheer gall of it! /proceeds to hide
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

And now my daughter is getting her adenoids removed soon. I know it's a pretty routine procedure, I know it's not a big thing, but my princess is going to be operated on and I worry

Comment

Well, that's what a mom does. Seriously. /hugs

I'll be praying for both of yall hun.
                    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

*hugs* Kara. I'm glad some of the good is coming with the bits of the bad. Hopefully it will get even better.
                      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

KARA. *hugattacks*

HI. <3 I've been thinking of you.
                        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                        -----
                        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                        X