Root: SURPRISE!
    Me: ...splat

*Fast Forward to this morning*

Alarm: LALALALALALALALALALALWAKEUPLALALALA
    Me: urg. stupid radio.
    Shoulder: twinge
    Leg: HAHA I HURT!
    Me: ow.

I hate to be somewhat schadenfraude about it, but your description is hilarious.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I learned a valuable lesson about not letting myself get distracted when in the woods.

I also learned that if I fall, I shouldn't get up and keep running immediately. The endorphins and adrenaline will keep me from registering an injury for quite a while. In this case, it was over a mile before my leg started bitching at me, and I only stopped because my abs started cramping up. Which may have been due to my blistering (for me) pace of just under 10 min/mi. Ended up gasping and walking the last 1/2 mile.

Also, my radio alarm is stupid. So is 7AM. Both of them are stupid.

Comment

<.<
        >.>
        What's 7AM?...

Comment

7AM is the devil's time.

There have been many instances wherein I'd gripe at the wholesale club on those morning shifts about "having to be at work before the ungodly hour of noon."
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

You bunch of babies...

I wake up at 6 AM every morning. I'm up by 7:30 or 8 AM on weekends.
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I am not what you would call a "morning person." By any stretch of the definition.

CURSED DAYSTAR! IT BUUURRRNSSS!
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I'm trying to become a morning person, mostly because once I start working for my husband's company, I'll be expected to be there by 10am, it takes over an hour to drive there, and I need two hours in the morning to get ready if I'm going to be functional. Working on cutting that down, but so far, no luck. My only other option is add in another hour and go for a 45 minute run to wake up. Bleh.

Comment

When I open the C-Store, I have to be there at 4 AM, also known as ass o'clock in the morning. Yeah. Fun, fun. As for your conversations...I've had many of those haha!
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

2:30am to get up and ready for the paper route. 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Don't even whine about 7am...
                    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

My getting up for the c-store 5am NEVER. WORE. OFF! Going on 8 years now.

As for those tree roots, I imagine a rather snide snickering instead of a cheerful 'Surprise!' My last encounter resulted in some serious face bacon.

Kia - can any of that two hour prep be done during the hour drive? Maybe breakfast, or handsfree catching up on email, etc.?

Comment

Here's my current conversation with various medications:

Me: tired, lacking energy, needing to shut the brain off when the body shuts off.
                        Iron tablets: hi, we'll give you the energy you need, but also give you stomach upsets and some constipation (joy)
                        Sleeping meds: OK, take half of us. In return, we'll knock you out until noon the next day.
                        Me:
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                        X