This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not 'disabled enough'

According to two people who have NO medical background, despite me have documentation for all my illnesses..what led to this you are probably asking yourself.

A few months ago I asked for some 'quality of life' changes (a ramp for a wheelchair and a walkin shower since I can't get out of the tub without help) from HUD who is required to give these changes if asked for. So they pulled the 'You are not disabled enough' option. I get angry over very little, but these jerks are going to see a fury that they are not prepared for. I have the HUD government official address..and they think they know anger...but they have no clue. Pray for THEM, they are going to need all the well wishes they can get.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Throw the book at 'em. If you can dig up the relevant policies/laws, quote 'em chapter and verse. They might try to hide from the facts, but they can't do it for long.

Even better, get something in writing specifically from an MD (ideally, your PCP). It's been my experience, and that of my disability attorney (I finally got approved last year!), that the Disability guys don't give a rat's ass about any care provider's opinion unless they are an MD. It matters not how well-qualified they may be to diagnose a need (e.g. a chiro or ortho with 20 years in the practice when it comes to your needs above), they care about the letters after the doc's name.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

That's mind-boggling. If you need a wheelchair ramp, that implies you have a wheelchair that you use at least some of the time. That is pretty much the poster-child of disabilities, to where a person in a wheelchair is the universal icon for disabled parking! And yet you're somehow "not disabled enough"????

Heck, this isn't even the tired old BS of "well you don't look disabled"...
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I get sick of that attitude from people. Please, give them all the wrath you can.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Want to play hard ball?

Write letters to all of your congressmen. Petition them to investigate the situation.

Petition inquiries from congressmen really light the fires under government agencies.

I know because I used to have to answer them.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
          X