Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My act is all about making people laugh, and I am pretty much a goofball/smartass/fun guy. Grey wouldn't hurt my act, but it wouldn't help it either.
    A magician with some gray? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Strange
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Jester - go to Sally's Beauty supply or other open to the public beauty supply company,
      talk to the folks there - they will be able to give you the best color, and developer-volume for your hair... they may be able to provide more advise - like its ok to wait a little while longer, or if you really don't want the grey to get noticeable "do eet nao!"

also don't be afraid to ask Lil' Red ( or any other lady friend) for help... esp your first time...
      I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

I go for just blonde highlights -- when I can afford them. My natural colour is dark brown (I used to have really lovely auburn highlights in it ... thank you, Father Time, you %$#@!!!) When I can't afford it, I just stick with the salt-and-pepper look.

However, when I go for my co-op placements over the next two summers, I will definitely get the highlights back in, and also when I go looking for a permanent job. As far as I know, them's the way the job market goes ...

The idea of temporary colour is great; if you don't like it, you won't have to live with it for very long.

Quoth Mytical View Post
        I have what can be called 'skunk beard'. The exact middle of the beard has a stripe of grey in it. If I had my camera's usb adapter, I'd upload picts of it. Only real grey I have. Not going to dye it or anything though. Guess people will have to start calling me Skunkbeard the Pirate (cookies for reference..hint 'Jinkies')
        Hope you can post a photo of it at some point. It sounds interesting!

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
        This is going to sound kinda wild, but molasses works well in covering up grey hair, you have two options, drinking I think about a tablespoon a few times a week (icky) OR you mix a little in with a conditioner. My grandmother used it as a conditioner and then in one for years, and while she had very few grey hairs, when she made sure to use molasses she had none. She used it twice weekly which made her look even younger (its genetic! I was mistaken for 10 years younger the other day, and both my parents in their late 60's look younger and have barely any grey hair woot!). I've used it to make my hair darker and I go from lighter redish brown hair to almost black within weeks and it looks very natural and makes my hair super super soft.
        So that is an option, also very cheap compared to buying dye.
        Wow, really?? Maybe I'll drink a tablespoon a few times a week AND mix a little in with the conditioner!

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        I noticed my gray hair has a very different texture from the rest of my hair. Food Lady's right; it's coarser, seems thicker, and frizzes more than my other hair. It does take longer for the dye to penetrate them. Oh, the 'lightening' part means that the dye mixture lifts some of your actual color up, so it can deposit the new color. Unless you kept it right on the roots, you'd want to do the whole head, otherwise if you don't match the color perfectly it will be noticeable. Just pick a color that matches your natural color, do the whole head, and you'll end-up looking pretty much the same (maybe a shade darker until it grows-out), but with the gray gone. The dyes are nice now, they pretty much do the whole process for you. There are little gray hair touch up kits, but I think those take patience or something doing your hair for you; it's always hard to do the back of your head yourself.
        Interesting ... my grey strands seem to be the opposite: very frizzy (like yours) but much thinner than my "normal" hair. This bodes not well for the future ...

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
          Jester - go to Sally's Beauty supply or other open to the public beauty supply company
          I don't think we have any such store down here. I KNOW we don't have a Sally's, and out of curiousity, I checked their store locator to see what the nearest one was. And now I can say positively that there is literally no Sally's within 100 miles...the closest one is 102.9 miles from me, on the mainland. Down here, as far as I know, I am limited to CVS, Walgreen's, and the health and beauty sections of the local grocery stores. Though I will ask around, as always, I reserve the right to be completely and embarrassingly wrong.

Quoth Treasure View Post
          also don't be afraid to ask Lil' Red ( or any other lady friend) for help... esp your first time...
          Oh, I have no problem asking for help. I grew up with sisters, and have plenty of female friends....stuff that might cause a typical guy to balk doesn't phase me in the slightest.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
          X