Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, all 5 kittens made it through the first night well enough. Mama cat is doing well enough, though she's kind of getting antsy, she's used to zipping ALL around the apartment, and now she's confined to a box. She doesn't much like this, so we've had to lock her in.

Our other cat, Stormy, is freaking out all over the place. She's taken up a sentry position in the doorway of our bedroom which faces the bathroom door (Where we keep the kittens) and just stares at the door. The whole day. Poor Stormy.

We took a couple videos over the last couple of days. I don't want to link them here, because there's an off chance some of the stuff in one of them MAY identify me/us, or at least a college associated with one of us. Being careful and all that.

But they're a bit more active. One climbed over mama and managed to upend into the water bowl. We heard the frantic mews and found the buttend of a kitten in Pumpkin's water, and Pumpkin staring, baffled, at her offspring...

Other than that, no hiccups so far. Everyone is healthy and right on track.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post

But they're a bit more active. One climbed over mama and managed to upend into the water bowl. We heard the frantic mews and found the buttend of a kitten in Pumpkin's water, and Pumpkin staring, baffled, at her offspring...
      That mental image is hilarious

Sounds like mama cat is doing OK.

Have you decided what you're going to do?
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
        That mental image is hilarious

Sounds like mama cat is doing OK.

Have you decided what you're going to do?
        What was just as hilarious was Lupos reaction to it in chat.
        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
          What was just as hilarious was Lupos reaction to it in chat.
          which was?

ETA: I have names for them, even though I know you shouldn't get attached to them

Jarrah
          Butternut
          Pattypan
          Kent
          Honeydew

Yes, I'm thinking in the theme of pumpkins (except that I couldn't think of another pumpkin name . As a general note, butternut down ehre is referred to as pumpkin)
          Last edited by fireheart; 04-17-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
            which was?
            There was squealing, babbling, and at one point I believe I shouted "DRIPPY WHIPPY TAIL!!!" because I had to scoop the baby out and hold it in the palm of my hands, which sent me into spasms of cuteness induced epilepsy. >.>

Comment

There was squealing, babbling, and at one point I believe I shouted "DRIPPY WHIPPY TAIL!!!" because I had to scoop the baby out and hold it in the palm of my hands, which sent me into spasms of cuteness induced epilepsy. >.>

More like drippy whippy kitten

Also, they are ADORABLE.

Comment

SQQQUUEEEEEEEEEEEE!

That is all . . .

Comment

The kittens will be one week old tomorrow!! Holy crap!!!

Made an appointment with the foster coordinator with the Animal Defense League, to talk over surrendering, fostering and adoption of kittens and possibly Pumpkin. We've also been taking scads of pictures, and there are some videos.

They're just so cute, and really developing their own personalities. Aethian nicknamed one from the pics Yin Yang, for the design on the back of it, and it's fairly apt. That's one zen kitten. Just...goes about business, eating, sleeping whatever. Doesn't respond if the other kittens push in and around.

Then, you have the bitchslappy twins. Nicknamed thusly because they just can NOT go a feeding without hitting each other if they happen to be nursing right next to each other. Seriously. They're not even fighting over the same nipple, they each have their OWN, and the still smack and flail at each other. It's hilarious and cute all at the same time.

Then there's the Adventurer, who keeps exploring, even when mom and siblings are trying to sleep, flailing and squirming all over the place.

The other kitten is the oddball, in that it loves to sleep and nurse on it's back, so there is always a belly exposed whenever we check in on them. so cute.

Break's over, but must remember to tell the story of what happened yesterday morning as I was getting ready for work! laters!! and MAYBE will remember to post a few more pics. ^.^

Comment

I'm sure things will look like this soon, if they don't already.

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2012/0...ts-mama-needs/
                    "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                      Additionally, I've heard that spaying *before* first heat is actually easier and potentially cheaper than during or after it. Presumably there's an optimum age that a good vet would tell you about for free.
                      I volunteer at a vet's office (been there for 2 years) and this is absolutely true. There is no medical reason to wait until after their first heat. My cat was a runt, and I was weighing her every week to make sure she was big enough to get her shots and get spayed as early as possible.

I'm glad the kittens and Pumpkin are all ok. I love the story about the bitchslappy twins and the one who likes to nurse on his back sounds adorable!
                      Last edited by strawbabies; 04-28-2012, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Break's over, but must remember to tell the story of what happened yesterday morning as I was getting ready for work! laters!! and MAYBE will remember to post a few more pics. ^.^
                        Please don't keep us in suspense - it's been about 2 weeks since you posted that, and still no story.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

They are SOOOO cute! Any updates? Are they running amok all over the house yet?

Comment

I so wish I could take care of a furball..would be good for me..but can't always take care of myself right now *sigh*
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                            X