This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My muse is possibly insane

So I write. For fun, not seriously. I've technically been published, but it was an e-book and I think they've sold like... ten copies or something. Anyway, mostly I just write for my own amusement.

And mostly I write a dribble here, a drabble there, maybe a few hundred words in a week, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Then, out of the blue, my muse turns up, goes "WRITE!" and I turn out several thousand words every day. I once wrote an 80k novel in a week.

This week it was just 34k words. 50 pages, 20 chapters. But I swear my muse is some kind of binge-writer or something. Nothing for months, even years, and then WHAM!

(This particular spurt of creativity is actually fanfiction, which I do from time to time. It's a Legend of Zelda piece. Can provide a link if anybody wants to read it, though it's a m/m romance-ish thingy, so it's not everybody's cup of tea. )

I just feel sort of stunned, like I just spent the week in some other reality, or something.
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Can I steal your muse for a bit? I've been suffering from writer's block for about four months now...
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Hell, I'd like to steal your muse for a bit, but only if it's willing to shift over to minis painting and sculpting.... I'm WAY behind and I just don't have any motivation to work on them...
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I'm the same way! I wanna borrow your muse too.

Comment

I have two muses. One-- the one in my head-- is flighty. Sometimes it's hard to get the words to come out-- which is frustrating when I'm trying to write-- sometimes I get the ideas pouring out and it's all I can do to get them on paper/GoogleDocs so I don't forget them.

But those ideas aren't sometimes for the story I'm trying to write. D:

The other muse is a frequent collaborator of mine, whom I'll tell my ideas to, and together we'll turn the ideas over and either make something from it, or discard ideas as not-good. When I work with her, my stories do tend to improve.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Well, if you borrow mine you won't get much right now, she's done. It'll probably be a year or two before this happens again.
            The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

My muse doesn't work on command. I'll usually get the urge to write while I'm at work and can't, and by the time I get to where I can put something down on the screen, my muse is fast asleep again.
              Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Working...
              X