This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth hotelnpa View Post
    I never thought of Pennsylvania as being a part of New England. Well I am from western Pennsylvania so that may be why I feel that way. Pennsylvania is/was coal mining country and steel plants.

The part of Pennsylvania I'm in is an odd mixture of the Midwest mixed in with some Appalachia with a dash of the Northeast.
    Just so you know, a good chunk of Northern PA was at one time a part of Connecticut Territory.

Of course this was a few hundred years ago.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth mae View Post
      I think the reason why it's just referred to as "The Cape" is because it's so obvious on a map.
      One of my college roomates was from Gloucester, MA. When she said "the Cape" she always meant Cape Ann. My daughter's boyfriend is from Falmouth, MA. We know he always means Cape Cod when he says "the Cape."

Most of the time when people around here (north of Boston) speak of "the Cape" it's not obvious. So I have to ask "which cape?"

Half the time the answer is "Cape Ann, or course," and half the time it's "Cape Cod, of course" and all the time they look at me like I should have known. It's very funny.
      Last edited by Dips; 02-28-2008, 01:25 PM.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
      X