This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gods damn, I hate returns

More specifically, I hate our Customer Service sign hanging over register 1, as it's not really a customer service desk, unless there is someone manning it. We do NOT employ anyone to be specifically customer service. Everyone in the store is customer service.

Had a B*tch come into the store today, and stand on the wrong side of reg 1 whilst I was cleaning the exit door.
    RJ: "Can I help you, ma'am?"
    B: "You can get someone over here to do my return."
    RJ: I can already tell, she's going to be fuu-uu-uun! "I can do that over here."
    B: "But, the sign says 'Customer Service' over here."
    RJ: "Yes, but we don't really have a 'customer service', and can do returns on any register.
    B: *walks up to the wrong side of my register, I point her to the right side*
    RJ: *I start her return, and realize that most of the stuff she wants to return isn't even on her receipt, well, crap* "I can do store credit for these items, assuming I can find them in the system..."
    B: "Fine, just do it all store credit."
    RJ: *does so, and tries to run the gift card, only to have the register prompt me: 'Warn customer of 24 hr turn time'... Uh?* "Okay, apparently, the card system is going haywire, as it just told me to warn you of a possible 24 hour turn time on getting the card loaded."
    B: "But, I was planning on spending it right now."
    RJ: "I understand, but I have no control over the gift card system."
    B: "Where's your manager?"
    RJ: *I point over my shoulder at the SM, who is busy putting away shipment*
    B: *walks over to SM, and starts ranting her head off to him*

Next customer in my line? Had a return, and would be getting cash back, thus, would have to fill out some info, including name, address, phone # and a signature. She filled out everything but the phone number.
    RJ: "Your phone number, ma'am?"
    "It's unlisted!"
    RJ: "Thats fine." *scratches through the line, to signify it's unlisted*
    "I call murder on that!"

Oooh, I don't wanna give out my phone number, but I'm okay giving out my name and address so you can sneak into my neighborhood late and night and, in a fit of anti-SC wrath, smote me whilst I sleep

The gift card thing sucks though, for both of you. I overheard a customer complaining to management last night that she couldn't get cash back for her daughter's purchase, even though she paid in cash. Strike one, it should be your daughter doing the return then, not you. Strike two, she didn't have the receipt to prove it was a cash sale. And the final charmer is that customer service "kept the receipt and refused to give cash back, only a gift card". Ooooh, the manageresque logic saying we can look the transaction up in our system and review the receipt to give her cash back was an effort in futility. For her daughter had originally returned said item at a "different" store. Strike three, you are out. If you only have a gift card and your word that you should get cash back, we will not give you cash back. Store policy against scamming and all that.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
      RJ: "Your phone number, ma'am?"
      "It's unlisted!"
      RJ: "Thats fine." *scratches through the line, to signify it's unlisted*
      At this point I wouldnt be allowed to scratch out the line. i have had people refuse to give me their name, address, and telephone number when I am doing a cash return. I simply hand the merchandise back to them, cancel the return, and then say "ok then...I am not allowed to continue with the return. Please enjoy your purchases." At this point I walk away from the register. Pretty soon Im getting the buzzer ringing me up to the front to do a return for the same person. Im usually the manager on duty so Im the only one allowed to do returns.
      "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

i hate when you dont give me your number.
        But i get to say -We use that as you confirmation number so unless you watnt to go through a nice long annoying and difficult hassel when ever you call customer service, you would want to give me it now.
        Or not take advantage of your -money back guarantee, trail, customablity, something else-

Comment

*shrug* ... if i want to be difficult with phone numbers, i'll just give out my japanese one
          but i also have skype - with 3 skype phone numbers - so that works too.

the calls wont bug me unless i actually turn the system on

Comment

I really really don't wanna sound sucky, but why do places need phone numbers?? I mean I can understand names, Birthdays, maybe addressess. But why phone numbers?
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
              I really really don't wanna sound sucky, but why do places need phone numbers?? I mean I can understand names, Birthdays, maybe addressess. But why phone numbers?
              I think it might be because if they find something fradulent with the return, they have your info.
              "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
              "Red."
              "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
              "RED!"
              "..."

Comment

Working...
              X