This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another old one

Having been told about foil razors here http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=24356 here is the tale about rotary units.

Rotary shavers are quite delicate in their mechanism, you have a cutter than sits in the head and you can have up to three in an arrangement. The cutters, as previously mentioned, rotate to cut the hair when it gets caught in the slots/holes. Once the hair is cut it generally falls into the shaver and eventually finds its way into a litte holding chamber.

Eventually

This means there is the opportunity for some hair to become lost and stay in the cutter assuming of course that the unit gets emptied occasionally. If it doesn't then the following happens.

Hair falls into razor, falls through rotary system into collection chamber. Chamber becomes full. Hair ends up in rotary system.

This is where the 'fun' starts you see the rotary system is driven by a plastic driveshaft, not metal, plastic. This is to save both weight and money. However is sufficient hair is present eventually it compacts.

Let me tell you how had hair can be. Its the filling in cricket gloves.

Eventually you end up with a solid mass of hair in both the chamber and the cutter system. This causes all the teeth to shear off the driveshaft causing major damage.

Approximately 10% of all returns of rotary shavers I had had this type of damage, yet management would not let me refuse the refund, tell me if you had spent this much http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=24356 on a razor wouldn't you at least clean it out? (washable wasn't an option when I was selling them) Where did people think their hair went, or did they think the shaver was a minature tardis?

The mind still boggles.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Did you know that if you let your grass get over 2' high and then mow it, the grass winding around the tires can literally rip the tires off? At least, if you have typical plastic rim tires, they get torn off.
    I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
      Did you know that if you let your grass get over 2' high and then mow it, the grass winding around the tires can literally rip the tires off? At least, if you have typical plastic rim tires, they get torn off.
      That sounds like a challenge for the Mythbusters!
      *runs to Discovery Channel message board*

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
        That sounds like a challenge for the Mythbusters!
        *runs to Discovery Channel message board*
        Drat--you beat me to it!

Comment

Ummmm, does it count if it's actually been done? You have to mow a certain minimum, but hey it happens. And it's not cheap to get new tires put on a lawnmower.
          I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

excuss me they buster the myth that soda can expolde in the car from heat, and i have that happen to me.
            Why that one pissed me off
            A- san francisco. San francisco isnt that hot. so they use-
            B- heat lamps that dont heat like the sun, that bein inconstance,
            C- they added no motion, im willing to conciede while i have seen it happen without motion, motion may be a variable they should have tested.
            D- for the love of GOD i am willing to bet good money that most case of soda explosion are in hotter areas. like Arizona, where summers are 120 and the cars inside are like 345 when left in the sun....

so yeah.....
            they would do it

Comment

I've had to clean the back of my car, too! Hot California day, 100+, and I got out around 2 p.m. and found that two cans in a case had gone off, soaking the back end of my 2 week old Prius

Comment

Quoth PCGameGuy View Post
                I've had to clean the back of my car, too! Hot California day, 100+, and I got out around 2 p.m. and found that two cans in a case had gone off, soaking the back end of my 2 week old Prius
                This is why I carry any soda in the BACK of my truck. Yes, it has happened to me, also.
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth PCGameGuy View Post
                  I have the opposite problem... I have bottles and cans explode in the winter when they freeze... ooh, that pisses me off every time that happens
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                    I have the opposite problem... I have bottles and cans explode in the winter when they freeze... ooh, that pisses me off every time that happens
                    My wife left a full soda can in her desk at work, and over one winter weekend it froze and burst. This was in a multi-story government office building. We figured her desk was too close to the window.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                    X