Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just fix my problem and stop asking for details!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigjimaz - that sounds almost like a 'Unless you stand up for yourself you are NOT WORTHY OF ME BEING NICE TO YOU' kind of thing.

Kind of like my parrots (two, plus two babysitting). Everyone is only happy after a good round of deciding who's where in the pecking order.
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
      Whatever you do, I find it works better to stay polite. The nastier they get, the more polite you get. You're not being rude, and if they complain...what's going to happen? Since you weren't rude, there's not really much they can complain about. I've always used that approach when dealing with assholes. If they're that willing to give themselves a heart attack over something trivial, I'm only too happy to oblige
      That's exactly what I do. I'll raise my voice a bit, but only to say things like "ma'am, if you'd please let me..." or similar.

And greensinestro - I totally know what you're feeling. We often get calls that go "I don't know my system number/contract information nor what kind of equipment I have, but I WANT SOMEONE OUT HERE 5 MINUTES AGO TO FIX IT!!!!!!11 Oh, and I don't even know which shop services us...etc" Forgot to put my witch hat on today, sir, so you'll have to give me more than that.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I agree with you guys. I get a perverse pleasure out of being sickeningly polite and borderline patronizing to someone who is being an ass to me. But only because the nicer I am, the more worked up they seem to get.

I love ruining an SC's day.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

And always cap it off with "Have a nice day, sir/ma'am". Sure it's petty, but it feels so good.

Comment

Quoth Soetkin View Post
            And always cap it off with "Have a nice day, sir/ma'am". Sure it's petty, but it feels so good.
            Oh, I've done that, but my favorite one is "It was a pleasure talking to you today!" Many of them get mad when you say that.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
              This is also not the first time I have been told I'm being rude because of my polite tone of voice, and it must be because they're upset they don't have someone speaking on their same level.
              I remember in high school other students who would just flip out on me for using "big words." Some people are really intimidated by others with bigger vocabulary levels.
              Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

This must be an epidemic or something. I had another call a little while ago, just like the one from yesterday. This lady was in New York (not that it matters, since most Boca residents are from there anyway, which is why they have no business even being here in Florida). Without doing another log script, the bottom line was she "Can't make long distance calls", but of course, she wasn't willing to provide any of the numbers or cities she was calling to.

Yep, it's just too much effort to provide what you need from anyone. I may as well be pulling teeth.

Comment

Quoth Soetkin View Post
                  Hehehe that's *exactly* why I do it. Not only do I come off looking like an , but I just *love* contributing to the stress level of some pompous asshole. People like that are just *asking* to get messed with.
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    Hehehe that's *exactly* why I do it. Not only do I come off looking like an , but I just *love* contributing to the stress level of some pompous asshole. People like that are just *asking* to get messed with.
                    Indeed. One customer I ran into (rudest guy I've ever encountered by the way, started swearing at us about 10 seconds into the order) was dealt with by my manager. It was the week of thanksgiving if I remember right, and every time we though we were done with the asshole, my manager would tell him to have a happy thanksgiving. I don't know if it was directly because of that or not, but it took us over 3 tries before he finally drove off with a refund and a last litany of curses. My manager yelled at him to have a happy thanksgiving as he practically peeled out of the drive through. We got a good laugh at that while remembering what he looked like so we could ban his sorry ass
                    Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
                    --Unknown

Comment

Working...
                    X