This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bi-lingual tag confuses non-bilingual SC, and other stoopid SC's

OK, i'm a floor associate in a major wholesale chain, my department is the clothing department. One day while i was straightening out a table of clothes, this older, well dressed, gentleman starts walking towards me and says "miss, i dont understand what EEG means on the tag on this coat" (one he was wearing) at this point i take a look at the coat that clearly has a sizing sticker running down the front (in english). I cant help hbut think *Oh my god please dont tell me that the guy cant tell that that's the size inspanish Right Next To The Size IN ENGLISH* I ask him to take off the coat and I hold up the tag and i cover up EEG with my finger and explain that it is spanish for XXL. once the light bulb goes on for the guy he was like "oh so is that like a hair bigger than a large?" i think i had the "oh my god he did not just ask that" look on my face for a second then i just said that yes it was and i walked off.

A few days later I was again folding and straightening clothes when i look up and notice a woman pressing on an LCD Tv that we have on display (we were playing Shrek 3 on it and it had gone back to the main menue, and she was trying to press play ON THE TV SCREEN) I know that pressing on the screen like that would ruin the screen and i did not want the company to have to write off a loss of over a grand from not being able to sell the display TV. I walk over to the lady and explain that the TV is not a touch screen, andIi start to lean over to open the cabinet where we had the DVD player that the TV was hooked up to so i could press play on the DVD player " and then the woman said "Oh, it's not? and then proceeded to press it again!!! I quickly let her know that pressing on the screen would ruin it and she said "oh it will?" and i press play on the DVD player and explain that new flat screen TV's will develop spots when they get pressed on. and the ding bat just sat there and said "ooooh"

tell me this people how are you going to sit there and think a 40 inch TV on display in an entertainment center is a touch screen.

later that day I was about to give the guy in electronics a break (Big J, for intents and purposes) and he was talking to another lady about DVD players, after she had any answers that she needed and had walked away, Big J rubs his forhead and looks at me and says "that lady just asked me how many heads out DVD players have in them" i just about burned out a curcuit on that one. I thought people knew that DVD players dont have heads, they have a lens and a laser, but i guess that's what i get for assuming.
    zzZZzz* no I'm not making any more potatos, I'm going to sleep!!!!* zzZZzz

Too many are so used to having VCR's that when switching over to DVD players that they assume that they're similar in form & function.

Comment

Quoth WholesaleWench View Post
      A few days later I was again folding and straightening clothes when i look up and notice a woman pressing on an LCD Tv that we have on display (we were playing Shrek 3 on it and it had gone back to the main menue, and she was trying to press play ON THE TV SCREEN) I know that pressing on the screen like that would ruin the screen and i did not want the company to have to write off a loss of over a grand from not being able to sell the display TV. I walk over to the lady and explain that the TV is not a touch screen, andIi start to lean over to open the cabinet where we had the DVD player that the TV was hooked up to so i could press play on the DVD player " and then the woman said "Oh, it's not? and then proceeded to press it again!!! I quickly let her know that pressing on the screen would ruin it and she said "oh it will?" and i press play on the DVD player and explain that new flat screen TV's will develop spots when they get pressed on. and the ding bat just sat there and said "ooooh"

tell me this people how are you going to sit there and think a 40 inch TV on display in an entertainment center is a touch screen.
      I actually get that quite often where I work. All of our displayed computer models (save one) are shown with flat-panel monitors. I don't understand why either, but many people will come and poke at them thinking that they are touch screens. I can only figure that it has something to do with the way the fluid reacts when the screen is touched that makes them think it's interactive, but it still doesn't make sense.

Now I'm just afraid that with the Tablet PCs and the touch-sensitive iPod, iPhone, and other such things, more people will come poke at my screens. None have them have caused damage yet, but the day will come, I'm sure.
      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
      - IPF

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
        Too many are so used to having VCR's that when switching over to DVD players that they assume that they're similar in form & function.
        As evidenced by people like my mother who once asked me how to rewind a DVD.

Comment

People probably can't tell the difference between the snazzy DVD menus and those on their ATM machines, which is why they associate touching a button on a screen with an action.

Furthermore, there are probably more than a few SCs who figure, "ATM and DVD both have 3 letters...they must be the same thing, right?"

Yeah, that sounds completely moronic. Which is why it is almost certainly true.
          "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
          -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

There are still people who haven't switched to DVD?

Comment

People touching LCD screens makes me livid.
              One of my friends would ALWAYS jab at my computer screen instead of just hovering his finger above where he was pointing. One day I flipped on him. "Jab my screen again and you just bought me a new laptop!"
              How the hell do people* not know that doing things like that can damage the screen!?

*people who are adverse in the ways of technology and also have a damn laptop of their own with a bloody LCD screen.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                Why should they when it would cost a literal fortune to replace them all? My grandsire has every. Single. Disney. Movie. EVER. She has movies from way back when. Movies older than me (age 21). She has to have amassed a real fortune. The real cruddy part? She doesn't watch them. At all. None. She has cable tv, why does she want to watch something she actually HAS?

She has started in on the DVDs, but she's not going to replace all of her VHS tapes. My VCR still works, so I'll watch them on occasion.

Mum said They (that weird mystery group of people) were going to start in on the BluRay. Joyful Abandon. Means I'll have to switch my anime over.
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Listerfiend View Post
                  http://www.dvguru.com/2006/10/03/the-dvd-rewinder/

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                    People touching LCD screens makes me livid.
                    One of my friends would ALWAYS jab at my computer screen instead of just hovering his finger above where he was pointing. One day I flipped on him. "Jab my screen again and you just bought me a new laptop!"
                    How the hell do people* not know that doing things like that can damage the screen!?

*people who are adverse in the ways of technology and also have a damn laptop of their own with a bloody LCD screen.
                    I can beat that... when I was in college I had a laptop set up with an external set of speakers with a subwoofer... and God bless my old roommate he was obsessive about vacuuming the room... but every single time he would put my subwoofer on TOP of my laptop... grr, laptops screens aren't meant to hold weight.

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                    Why should they when it would cost a literal fortune to replace them all?

Mum said They (that weird mystery group of people) were going to start in on the BluRay. Joyful Abandon. Means I'll have to switch my anime over.
                    first I think the OP was referring to people who haven't yet switched over to DVD for the new movies they are purchasing...

oh, and BluRay can't come soon enough, those players are so cool, I want one (can't afford it yet though )
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

[QUOTE=smileyeagle1021;279089
                      oh, and BluRay can't come soon enough, those players are so cool, I want one (can't afford it yet though )[/QUOTE]

I wont be able to afford BluRay for a long time considering not only do you need the BluRay player but BluRay only works with HighDef Televisions.

Comment

I admit over the holidays with the retail job . . .cashregister were touch screen. And yes, I had a few days that I was up there long enough (I loved it don't get me wrong)
                        That I would go home and try to do touch screen on my computer.

Comment

The panasonic toughbook comes with a touchscreen, I had one sitting on my desk for about a year and after working with it for awhile I'd always have to stop myself from poking the screen on my regular desktop at work.
                          I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                            Amazingly enough, we still rent VHS tapes here at the library. There's still people out there with cassette decks in their cars, though that's more understandable, what with the price of cars and all.

What I hate is the SCs who don't realize that they need to clean their DVD players. I mean, if you're gonna play only brand new DVDs that you purchase and never touch with your fingers, well, you still need to clean it every once in a while. But if you rent DVDs from the library (though ours are cleaned after each rental) or Blockbuster or wherever, man, your optical lens is gonna be FILTHY! We get so many back with perfect circles gouged into them because of the buildup on the lens. *sigh*

Hell, I even had one lady that insisted she had a self-cleaning DVD player ... is there even such a thing?!
                            I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Quoth Listerfiend View Post
                              Here ya go: http://www.dvdrewinder.com/index.php...&products_id=1

Comment

Working...
                              X