X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Horror Is Now Singing

Man builds a singing Furby organ.

Sad thing is, I actually owned a Furby as a kid (the same model as the ones in the video, not the new "LED eye" ones). Still just as horrifying as I recall.

I'm having nightmares, and I'm awake!

Comment

This is nothing new. Behold: the Furby Gurdy!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
      I AGREE

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
      I AGREE

I've heard of all sorts of odd stuff being circuit-bent, the Furby is just one of them:

I AGREE

I AGREE

I AGREE

No, I haven't made these, nor do I own any of them. I've considered circuit-bending some of the toy keyboards I have, and own a few which already have been 'bent', but I do not plan to commit such horrors as what I linked to above. (yet)
      -Adam
      aka Dr. Optigan
      Goofy music!
      Old tech junk!

Comment

Quoth AdamAnt316 View Post
        This is nothing new. Behold: the Furby Gurdy!
        You sir, are truly evil

My re-enactor club hate Hurdy-gurdys with a burning passion (doesn't help that the players typically get allocated near us due to the period we replicate being close to theirs), so I have now done the right thing by sharing that with them .

Comment

Quoth LadyofArc View Post
          You sir, are truly evil
          Thanks!

I will admit that I have not owned or constructed anything along the lines of these Furbinations™ as of yet. Most of the noisemakers I own are fairly benign, though the Theremins can get rather raucous, as can some of the toy keyboards on the "right" settings. A noisemaker which has been sufficiently circuit-bent is said to be able to warp the 'laws' of musical physics, though I don't have much experience with this as of yet.

Quoth LadyofArc View Post
          My re-enactor club hate Hurdy-gurdys with a burning passion (doesn't help that the players typically get allocated near us due to the period we replicate being close to theirs), so I have now done the right thing by sharing that with them .
          I'm sure they "love" you for this. Though do be careful that knowledge of such things doesn't find its way to the hurdy-gurdy players, lest they get any ideas..........
          -Adam
          Still aka Dr. Optigan
          Last edited by AdamAnt316; 02-17-2018, 01:54 AM.
          Goofy music!
          Old tech junk!

Comment

Quoth AdamAnt316 View Post
            I'm sure they "love" you for this. Though do be careful that knowledge of such things doesn't find its way to the hurdy-gurdy players, lest they get any ideas..........
            -Adam
            Still aka Dr. Optigan
            The best reaction I got so far was "Now I know why Elon Musk was selling flamethrowers "

As far as the hurdy-gurdy players go, most of them are generally nice guys who know better than to piss off the people wielding pointy things. At least in my current state that is...(my hometown had one hurdy-gurdy player who thought that starting said hurdy-gurdy DURING a ritual ceremony being performed by an Aboriginal elder was a fantastic idea. )

Comment

Working...
            X