This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain Bluescreened

So in order to process a specific type of payment I have to fax form W with a W specific fax cover page to set up the new payee. I had two payees I needed to set up, both pertaining to the same event. I put them together with W cover page followed by W repeat. BTW each cover page is filled in with specific information that matches the W form. So I fax them off and shortly thereafter I receive the following email:

"For future submission of [X] request via FAX, please do not faxed all at once your requests. Faxed the request per payee/vendor, do not put all together in one faxed or batched. For now, I will process this but if we received this kind of requests we will not process and return to sender for re-faxing" I just typed this literally word for word.

*record screech* *bluescreen* Excuse me whilst I restart my brain.

So fax one count to 5 fax another? Annnnd that would change what in this scenario exactly?!

Whelp, that does help explain why I feel dumber when i get home some days.

Sometimes you just have to laugh.
    Last edited by pudddykat; 03-31-2016, 11:21 PM.

If I can translate that gibberish into English, they want you to fax all your submissions separately. For instance, if you have six payees, you'll need to send six faxes, all with their own cover sheets. This reminds me of a communications center I dealt with in the dawn of the PC age; if we sent them more than ten messages per hour, they'd have a hissy fit. Even if I'd had 25 short messages all typed up and ready to transmit, I couldn't send more than 10 per hour via an early modem, and they'd all better have the correct time for transmission typed on them or I'd get them back. This was really annoying, but I got the impression that sometime in the past they'd taken a lot of hits because someone else couldn't get the times right or would drop more on them than they could re-transmit in an hour. One guy even wanted me to call him every time I transmitted something, and since I routinely typed 50+ a night that would have been a lot of calling.

Comment

Sparky I would sort of understand that if I didn't only have two. waiting and faxing the second does not guarantee they won't land on top of each other on their end. After 10 years you'd think I'd be use to the lack of common sense at this institution. They each had their own cover sheets I just sent it in one transmission but I guess that was confusing... Plus these don't really ever get sent in large batches. Call everytime? Some people have no clue about things. If you did call him everytime he would probably call uncle before the end of the day lol
      Last edited by pudddykat; 04-01-2016, 12:39 AM.

Comment

I had a lady needing a copy of a blank form faxed to her from our office. She asked me to fax 2 of them in case she messed up the first. I point blank told her I would fax 1 and she could make all the copies she wanted. I think it finally clicked as to what she had asked me to do.

Comment

Just a thought, likely they have a enterprise Fax server. You sent each with its own cover page but since it was one fax transmission the server treated it as one document.

Ive seen many clients that get orders by fax and have this same issue, the server created a PDF file of the fax and sends it to someone to process. They expect one order per fax document since they have to file a copy of the fax with the order and if multiple are on the same fax someone has to split the PDF document for them

Comment

ML2000 I hadn't thought of that. Gosh it takes me so long to split a PDF, like a whole split second. lol

Comment

Apparently it is an iDOCS system. Now if instead of gibberish she had explained that it would have made sense.

Comment

Working...
              X