This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Low Prices!

So in our company there's a new push for sales. I was told my store is losing sales (sales or profit? inquiring minds want to know)....some of which may have to do with a labor dispute here, some with real or imagined competition, some with the shoplifting plague that won't be solved as long as things stay how they are. People are gonna shop where they want to shop, there's some stuff we just don't carry and never will.

Some prices are being lowered. Okay, some things we actually buy. But others are odd items that generally don't sell. Along with these new awesome low prices are shelf signs sticking out into the aisle on almost every single thing that had the price lowered (individual products as well as a larger more annoying sign at the beginning of a section). Makes sense in a way, some of our customers won't register something unless it jumps out and bites them. In terms of putting up tags or stock...really really annoying. At least the shelf clips are nice flexible breakable plastic instead of metal like the last round was... Can't wait for some of our blind customers to complain about running into those signs, then they'd come down quick.

We're also getting "new lower prices!" t-shirts. Can't wait to hear P's take on them...probably in line with what everyone else is thinking "this is where decent wages and payroll hours are going?!" And someone has re-instituted the five foot rule...what are cashiers supposed to do? Hold up a massive grumbling line and say hi to each person multiple times (waiting in line, paying, etc)?

So many unintended consequences for a lot of the pep-talk that's in pretty laminated starburst shapes in the hallway (now what was the person making those actually supposed to be doing?)...
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor
Working...
X