Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I'm supposed to do: stock and backstock trucks. Clean up my mess, go home

What I actually have to do: stock and backstock trucks. Clean up my mess. Clean up the mess the unload team left behind. Backstock all the furniture and bulk the unload team left behind. Do all merchandise carryouts for customers. Respond to any calls and call boxes the salesfloor team doesn't feel like getting. Bring in shopping carts from the parking lot when called. Help unload garden center trucks when needed. Clean up any and all messes other co-workers may have left for me. Put away all fixtures and shelving other co-workers left for me. Review the backroom phantom location report (report listing merchandise that was located in the backroom but then deleted by somebody who couldn't find it when looking for it) and give to manager who, lol, will just put it in a binder and not follow up on it. Backup cashiering isn't yet a requirement, but management always threatens to make it one whenever customers complain about checkout wait times in person or via survey. Listen to my manager tell me "what do you expect?" if I complain about any of the things previously mentioned.

It's great working for a peaked-in-high-school dolt of a manager who doesn't see us as all one team, but rather as a collection of smaller teams who should only do what they feel comfortable doing and not help anybody else out, except for us losers on the freight team, who become the catch-all, "save our ass" team because they're stupid enough to have expectations for themselves.
    Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 04-15-2016, 09:21 AM.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

What I'm Supposed to Be Doing: Using my extensive training, experience, and diagnostic techniques to help my customers find the right mattress(es) for their needs, so they can sleep WELL and be satisfied with their purchase.

What I Actually Do Lately: Sit around, bored off my arse, babysitting a bunch of beds, whilst passing the time on the interwebz.
      "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
      --StanFlouride

Comment

What I'm supposed to do: ring up orders accurately, bag them if they're go, set up the trays if they're for the dining room, keep behind front counter stocked, grab vanilla flavored treat and or coffee if drive needs it, ensure that the dining room is clean by going out there every 15 minutes and wiping down tables/taking trays/checking trash/stocking the condiment stand/checking the bathrooms, and grab/drop fries as needed.

What I actually do: ring up orders several different times because the customer keeps changing their mind, grab fries for my front counter orders, fill drive's fry orders, drop fries, grab coffees/vanilla flavored treats for drive, grab chocolate flavored treats for myself (I'm supposed to call these out to drive if I have them), grab salads to be made by the sandwich maker, make the salad needed, make the sandwiches needed because the sandwich maker disappeared, hand out orders at the window if I have no customers up front, make drinks for drive if I have no orders up front and they're getting backed up, grab bacon if the timer goes off, hastily swipe some tables clean, toss spoons/napkins/forks/salt/pepper/straws in the condiment stand, and grab trays.

Now keep in mind..there are supposed to be 2 front counter cashiers. Lately there has only been 1. So yeah it's been fun. Either I'm stuck taking endless orders and doing my best to fill them quickly or I'm running around all over the place.

Comment

Working...
        X