This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadly, I could not say this...

...But I would have been speaking God's plain, unvarnished truth had I been able to say it:

*Takes client's hand, looks deeply, sympathetically into their eyes*

"Honey lamb? Your girlfriend is not on speaking terms with sanity. Not even on nodding terms. Your girlfriend and sanity don't even send cards at Christmas. If you get back together with her for, by my count, the eighth time in the three months I've known you, then you two deserve each other.

"Some advice: Your relationship with this person is an out-of-control dumpster fire, and when the dumpster is alight you have two, and only two, options. You may turn your back on it and walk far away, and let trained professionals who get paid for it put it out, or you may station yourself a safe, far, distance away and enjoy the glow as it burnishes the night sky. You do not now or ever walk up to it to toast marshmallows, you do not warm your hands against the chill night by its jumping orange light, and above all else, you do not jump inside it. Do I make myself clear? Do you understand the words that just came out of my mouth? Yes? Okay, then good. Be well."
    Drive it like it's a county car.

They broke up and got back together 8 times in 3 months? I think they do deserve each other. Your version is a little too blunt but you should be able to say something like it.

Comment

Quoth Antisocial_Worker View Post
      ... "Honey lamb? Your girlfriend is not on speaking terms with sanity."

I do believe I dated that Woman. I did in fact leave her locked up in the Asylum and moved to another country.

Comment

Working...
      X