This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-Vacation

I'm feeling more relaxed after a week of sunshine and blue water, though my office seems drearier and more beige than ever. Nothing improved while I was gone aside from Waste being fired.

But I'm trying to make the best of it. I've registered for my Summer and Fall courses. I'm tackling the new backlog of work. And, since they're apparently going to expand my department, requested to have my title changed to Senior Staff Accountant. I didn't ask for a pay raise, since it wouldn't happen, and I'm more interested in having the title on my resume. Try to make myself more marketable when I send out the next batch of resumes.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

and they are more likely to give you a title 'in lieu of a raise' cause that way it won't cost them more.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they cobbled up a way to do neither.
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Somehow this sounds a LOT like the beginning of Joe Vs. The Volcano.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I hate being right. ><

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
            I hate being right. ><
            I wonder how they reason not changing your title... Why do I even try to figure out these things?

When I have a few days off, I always feel so much worse when I go back to work. I know they say vacations refresh, or something, but not me. It just makes work seem worse, because I was customer-free and now I'm not.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
              I wonder how they reason not changing your title... Why do I even try to figure out these things?
              Because there's no hierarchy in the accounting department.

Everywhere else, yes, but not this department.

Comment

Working...
              X