This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The department beyond repair

Seriously, I'm very much doubting that we're going to recover at this point.

6000 unanswered emails

700 unanswered message threads

4000 pieces of mail to update

2 people just got let go last week

Upper Mgmt. wants more phone coverage to talk to all the angry people who want to know why we haven't answered their emails about why we haven't answered their messages about why we haven't processed the mail they sent 6 times in a row

And if they'd all just STOP sending the same thing in over and over and over, because every single one has to go through 5 minutes of processing to even find out it's a duplicate

Or if they'd STOP spending 5 minutes of every phone call complaining about how hard it is to call, and how long everything takes, and how we're not providing good service and we're costing them money and and and...

Then maybe we'd have a prayer of getting caught up

But the whole department's burned out, and the demands keep getting higher, the only days off I've had in the last 3 weeks are when I got majorly ill and I'm afraid to go to sleep tonight because if I do I have to go to work tomorrow.

That. Is. Horrifying.

*hugs*
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Sounds like time for a sick-out to me...
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

My upper management has some dumbass tendencies, but I KNOW what they would do in this situation... have a MASSIVE 'help this department' campaign. Quite likely help desk would be suspended and all the agents pulled. The floor would be told, 'if you really need help contact *tiny help desk*' and encouraged to deal with their crap on their own.

We would NEVER let a department just sink like that. Never happen.

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
          My upper management has some dumbass tendencies, but I KNOW what they would do in this situation... have a MASSIVE 'help this department' campaign.

We would NEVER let a department just sink like that. Never happen.
          Even though we're retail, and not an office, yeah it would be similar. When an area is looking really crappy, Scary will pull everyone (before we open) in the store and have us blitz that area for like 15 minutes. It's very helpful, and we've kept some of our "problem aisles" looking nice by doing this one or two times a week. If it's not something everyone can help with (like POGs, more people won't always be better) she'll do what she can to make sure they can work as efficiently as possible. Like having coverage so they don't get pulled to do customer service.

To abandon one part of a company like that, is just bad management. One department could bring down the whole company, so help it out. Bring in extra people, hold other projects, do what you have to, but fix it.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

So we're up to 6500 emails, 770 messages, but the mail to update has gone down to around 3400. So.... Progress?

They're hiring 2 temps for next week - one week only - to get some of it caught up. I'm not hopeful.

Comment

Working...
            X