Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You could offer them some Red Rose. Remember the commercials?

Only in Canada, you say? Pity.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
      You could offer them some Red Rose.
      Wolfie, are you trying to arrange for me to be totally jobless??

I walked in there one day carrying a cup of Tim Hortons tea, and the then-Assistant Manager looked at me and said, "You're fired."

Hey, it's comfort food.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• IIRC, your employer sells "to be prepared at home" tea, so it's not a direct competitor of Timmie's (which sells "ready to drink" tea). It would be more of a career-limiting move for someone who works at Kara Thrace's to show up with a cup of Timmie's.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• You are right about that, wolfie; however, management still does not want us to be seen -- while on the job -- imbibing anything from a competitor. That would mean Timmie's, McDonald's, David's Tea, etc. Our drinks sit out on the counter and are usually visible to the public, so if a staff member did come in with something from any competitor, we are expected to plop the cup, or pour the drink, into one of "our" cups.
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I'm not allowed to make situation-lightening jokes about our screw-ups, even if the customers think they're funny.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
              I'm not allowed to make situation-lightening jokes about our screw-ups, even if the customers think they're funny.
              Nothing like an upper-management with a stick up its collective ass.
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Things I'm not allowed to do;
                Tell my boss if he keeps treating me like his PA, despite my MSc in Engineering, I will f#cking quit. (the money is nice, the team is nice, the sexist talk and non-technical work is pissing me off big style.)

Comment

• While I'm supposed to be working on my project, I'm not allowed to ride the rides at the amusement park across the interstate.
                  This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• Sing this song: Lyrics NSFW at closing time if there are still customers instore.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Not allowed to suggest marshmallow fights when asked what I think we should do with all the stock we have that isn't selling.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                        Not allowed to suggest marshmallow fights when asked what I think we should do with all the stock we have that isn't selling.
                        "Even if we don't light them on fire?"
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Take the Flatmate foam stuff and totally have a foam party in the kiosk!
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

• I am not allowed to take a frying pan outside and try to catch some salmon.
                            Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

• I am not allowed to hold the kitchen gadgets I like for ransom.
                              Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

• I'm not allowed to test the strength of a window on the 30th floor by bouncing off of it.

I have no intention of breaking the rule or window.
                                This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Working...
                                X